tired waiting...H4 status pending

rani06

Hey all,

I have waited for over 6 months for my H4 visa. Now, I have a job and my employer's applying for an (expedited) H1. Since the H4 has been pending for so long, there is a very good chance I'll get the H1 before the H4. If the H4 lands here after the H1, my H1 will be void.

I tried calling the USCIS and as usual they did a 'status check' and nothing more. They said that I would hear from them in the next 30 days; but I feel I've waited too long and waiting any more would just be indefinite. I really need to start work (and obviously get paid !) asap.

Anyone has any suggestions for this situation ? would I need to take an appointment at one of the service centers and speak to someone in person ? Would I need to leave the country and void my application for H4 ? Is there a way to tell them to withdraw my H4 once the H1 is approved ? (I can not withdraw the H4 any earlier since that's whats keeping me in status)

What are my options ?

Please help !

Frustrated,
Rani

:(

hi,

so sory to hear abouty ur H4 pending for so long... Mine is pending since March, and I hope new extension will come in the next few weeks/months. Ever since we replied to RFE, there has been no movement at all.

I do hope you get your H1 since its soooo muchhhhh betteeeerrrr than H4...

good luck anyways...

felix