Timepass.

Jharkhandi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Feel free to join, if you want to. Questions are:

1. What is the biggest force that keeps you in USA or seeking GC?
2. What do you miss about your home country/state/city/town/village here?
What do you think should your place have which is here too?
3. What is your greatest fear in USA? Greatest security(not in your place)?
4. If you have kids - any apprehensions about them? Feel free to mention their citizenship and age too.
5. What are you paying for GC (emotionally or otherwise)? What do you anticipate to get after GC?
6. Given a chance, time rolls back to the day, when you landed in USA, would you still go for GC(if experience doesn't rolls back)?
7. If you want please specify your home country/state/city...

RULE IS: NO ONE IS GOING TO ATTACK ANYONE ELSE'S IDEA. NO CROSS DISCUSSION - EXPRESS WHATEVER YOU FEEL. FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST AND REFRAIN FROM ATTACK PLEASE. ATTACK WILL DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.

ok dude, lets star it..... :)

Would not lie, it is money and then money and then money.

Everything, those roads, that food,those tea stalls,those samosa stroes and that flirting with gals in return they say "kamine tere ghar mein maa bahan nahi hain kya"

my greates fear is that my GC is labor substitution, not an easy one, my employer does not pay me good, i am happy even if INS reject my case tomarrow, but sacred that they won't touch it for another 7 months athen RFE so another 3 months and then will reject it 2 months later and by that time i will be done in life :(

4. If you have kids - any apprehensions about them? Feel free to mention their citizenship and age too.

no kids and not married

5. What are you paying for GC (emotionally or otherwise)? What do you anticipate to get after GC?

I am paying everything, time,energy,feelings,mere haq ka paisa, i just expect to get all this back, what else...

6. Given a chance, time rolls back to the day, when you landed in USA, would you still go for GC(if experience doesn't rolls back)?

YOu know what? I do not wanna lie, I think I would not.

I am From India/MP/BHOPAL

btw

Q- who is better in LALU and BUSH ?

Okay, here goes...

Jharkhandi said:
Hi Folks,

The day-to-day comforts that I have become used to. The feeling that I can achieve anything, with hard work.

The thing I miss most is probably the feeling of "homeliness", being around people like me and amidst the culture and tradition of India.

One son, 17 months, US citizen. The concern I have for him is that he will not be growing up in the traditional Indian society that I grew up in. However, things have probably changed so much in India in the past few years that even if he grew up in India now, he would not have the same surroundings and environment that I had, growing up :)

Monetarily, nothing. My company is paying everything, including my spouse's application.
Emotionally, a lot. It is something that never leaves my mind. Sometimes I think about what the big deal is, but it has become a big deal.

After I get GC, I expect that I will feel free to work on what I want to do. Ofcourse, I might stay in the exact same job forever, even after GC, I don't know, but I feel that I would have the option of changing if needed.

Yes, but I would apply sooner than I did this time !

India/Karnataka/Bangalore and Mysore

RULE IS: NO ONE IS GOING TO ATTACK ANYONE ELSE'S IDEA. NO CROSS DISCUSSION - EXPRESS WHATEVER YOU FEEL. FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST AND REFRAIN FROM ATTACK PLEASE. ATTACK WILL DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.

here is what i think feel etc., etc.,

MONEY MONEY MONEY

MOVIES IN THEATERS, FREE TIME TO WATCH CRICKET MATCHES ON TV, ROMING WITH FRIENDS, RELATIVES, STARING BEAUTIFUL GIRLS ON THE ROADS BEACHES WEDDINGS, FOOD @ DHABHAS

JOB, HEALTH OF SELF FAMILY, WHAT MY KIDS WILL BE WHEN THEY GREWUP AND ALSO HEALTH OF PARENTS IN INDA

WELL. I LIKE THE WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH. OTHER THAN THAT NOT MUCH. US CITIZENS, AGES 5 AND 3

NOTHING. JUST DO THE SAME THING THAT I AM DOING NOW. JUST FEEL LITTLE SAFE THAT’S IT

YES

PROUD TO SAY THAT I’M AN INDIAN. ANDHRAPRADESH, VISAKHAPATNAM

aks

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if...

My friend have strange rather uncomfy situation.
He is not getting along with wife. She left him to stay with family relative here in US.
She has EAD, AP and I-485 receipt with her. His I-140 cleared couple of months ago.
Could she potentially cause him a problem here in getting GC or if he goes to INDIA to get divorce finalized, could she potenially cause him a problem not to get back here?

Anybody???

Thanks,
FTG

FortheGreen said:
My friend have strange rather uncomfy situation.
He is not getting along with wife. She left him to stay with family relative here in US.
She has EAD, AP and I-485 receipt with her. His I-140 cleared couple of months ago.
Could she potentially cause him a problem here in getting GC or if he goes to INDIA to get divorce finalized, could she potenially cause him a problem not to get back here?

Anybody???

Thanks,
FTG

Please move your post out of this thread, into its own thread, or find the appropriate thread for it. This is not a thread for questions.

As long as he is primary applicant she cannot create any problems wrt to GC it is actually otherway around he can create problems for her since he is primary applicant.

Check your PM after a while

MONEY (well, now things have changed back home also), OPPORTUNITY, GOOD LIFE-STYLE

FRIENDS, FAMILY, MOVIES, CRICKET, POWER OUTAGES ( :) ), AND ALL THE YUMMY FOOD

NOTHING REALLY, OTHER THAN BEING FAR AWAY FROM HOME.

NOT REALLY, DAUGHTER IS USC, BUT STUDYING IN INDIA

GOT MY GC AFTER A LONG TIME IN MARCH, BUT MOVING BACK HOME IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS

MY PLANS WERE NEVER TO BE HERE PERMANENTLY, SO IF I COULD HAVE CONTINUED ON H1-B, I WOULDNT HAVE APPLIED FOR GC.

INDIA/KARNATAKA/BANGALORE

A) Preferences kept changing everytime.
i) Greed during dotcom boom period. Now everything gone.
ii) Want to have children with US citizenship, so that they have choice in future.
iii) During my last visit I realized I lost all day to day matters like bargaining etc.. I am getting out of touch with realities in India.

2) 2. What do you miss about your home country/state/city/town/village here?
A) Gully cricket, homeliness , roadside chat, family members

3) What is your greatest fear in USA? Greatest security(not in your place)?
A) i)Hit by a stray bullet from a playful teenager testing his aim :eek: .
ii) Drive my own car at the age of 70. I really pity some of the old people in US driving their own cars at very old age.

4) If you have kids - any apprehensions about them? Feel free to mention their citizenship and age too.
A) Changing the hair color, punk styles ,not following traditions ... there are a lot of them :D

5) What are you paying for GC (emotionally or otherwise)? What do you anticipate to get after GC?
A) Honestly nothing, no expectations either. If I get GC I will live here for some more time or else ready to leave anytime.It is in the interest of US to keep decent , well educated professionals like us in their country.People like us build a strong and healthy society passing on the values we obtained from our parents to our future generations.I believe a hard working , self believing person will have no problem any where across the world.

A) No change.

A) India/AP/Vijayawada.

Here you go:

Everyone said it. Its money yaar.

Lots of things. I miss the Indianness in me. People are so remote here .. they do not want to bond. Its me, I, myself with them.
Infrastructure of USA is very good. India is still grappling with basic problems like power, water etc.

None.

No kids.

I cant even elaborate what I am paying for GC. These f**** moron am***ca** can boss over me .... Hehehe .. :p :D
A better job. I am an MBA from an IIM. Got laid off here in USA from a good job because of no fault of mine. I am now doing a shitty job with body shopping company because no one cares about my qualifications and capabilities as I am on H1B. Hopefully that will change after GC.

Yes. I would go for it earlier though. Took me time to understand that GC is the ticket to get rid of some of my woes.

INDIA/DELHI

Hi Folks,
My answers are below:

Working in India is kinda difficult after being in US for more than 7 years, because of the shit politics played in all companies(even TCS, Satyam, etc), where every guy would try to put you onto spot to retain his seat.

Politics(Jayalalitha/DMK/BJP,PMK) where they corrupt to the core and getting anything done in India should be either through influence or money(since we are in US, good part is that we can get anything done even out of the way when we go to India within a very short span of time).

Money and also the clean environment, beautiful places in US makes me live here.

I miss my parents, my family members, besant nagar beach, mouth watering restaurants like Saravana Bhavan, Ponnuswamy Hotel, Velu Military Hotel, road side dhabas, theatres(watching in Devi Theatre, Madras), sight seeing girls, driving car on the beach side with windows down with full amp music, temples, crowd, marriages(where awesome food with different varieties) and much much more..

Cleaniness and No water Problem and Pure atmosphere(without no smoke)

Job Security is the greatest fear in USA. In India the only thing is the job security but I havent worked in India for almost 7 years now.

Atleast our kids life would be better, as they dont need to go through the hassle of standing for visas in Indian Consulates, no need to work for idiotic desi companies on H1B for low salaries, sucking them for processing GC, Out of Status, RFE's and much more.

They can plan their own life and we can give them very good education and they can select their career and moreover their English accent would be good, which you cant get even if you stay for 20 years with Indian Education.

Financially, I am paying for my GC, but luckily everything is going good so far and hopefully should get my GC next year end(maximum)

May be if PERM process, I might go for GC again..

India, Tamilnadu, Madras

Let me know if my understanding is correct.

Want GC Soon :)

Hi Folks,

If I had to answer this 4 yrs back it would have been Money..
But now ...considering the money made by IT guys in India ...with no Health insurance ( I pay 1041/mnth for myself and family )..and all other unavoidable expenses you really dont endup saving much really ..
So right now its just "HOPE" ( that once I get my GC I will try working in India for 6 months and If I like it there, I mean the work environment , then move back)
My Mom she lives alone and that sense of peace ..somehow I think I feel more relaxed and peaceful when I am in India.
NVC said:
That something might happen to my Mom while I am here and she is there ...My dad passed away while I was here ...I ask myself a lot of times if I am doing the right thing by staying here and leaving my Mom back there in India while what I really should be doing is stay there with her and take care of her.
I have a son who is one yr old USC..I want him to be a Pro Golf player(possible only in US) my Mom wants him to be a doctor ( possible and cheaper in India)
I cant wait for GC ..at least I can try to get a 6 - 8 months assignments in India..assuming the fact that its OK to work on an assignment outside US if one has a GC
I would have saved all the money I earned on my H1 and move back to India after H1 gets over..cant do that now, not much savings and have invested a lot here.
BHARAT/MAHARASHTRA/Amchi Mumbai

-- In respective order of importance:
a)Money b) Oppurtunity like being able to buy a good car, a decent house in a short period of time c) The things in the country that make this a 'developed' nation, like roads, electricity, water, customer service.

--My family and people I know. Ofcourse the food (especially 'bahar ka khana' like chats, dhabhas etc. Cricket matches !

--It should have the things that we take for granted here, like constant electricity, water, cleanliness and manners.

--Job security and maintaing legal status

--Boy, 3 and half, US citizen. I only fear he is not subjected to any racial discrimination in school or anywhere else.

--Monetery wise, nothing. Emotionally a lot, as I am always worrying about this or the other (FP, AP etc.). Expect to get it by end of 2005. (ND 08/2003)
Once I get GC, I anticipate a 'permanent job', buy a house,invest in retirement funds and to come and go in and from US without the fear of being deported from POE or getting my visa rejected !!

--Yes, but this time I would apply ASAP.

--India/Delhi/Delhi

P.S. - JHARKHANDI YOU MUST ANSWER AS WELL.

Dreams, wishes
I want to hide from my wife...
Wife, no change
Job, Project, H1B, Frequent changes in immigration policies, Outsourcing, etc.
4. If you have kids - any apprehensions about them? Feel free to mention their citizenship and age too. No Change
5. What are you paying for GC (emotionally or otherwise)? Independence, freedom, liberty, countless (career, family, friends, etc.) sacrifices
What do you anticipate to get after GC? Allien-ness
No. (This will be discussed in next posts)
Pakistan, Karachi