Time to change of status from TN to E2 (Lawyer Petition)

Count64

Hi all,

well after two TNs I’m moving towards a new Business and applying for an E2 change of status.

Lawyer we contacted said they need 4 months to prepare the petition, plus the 15 days of expediting the application.

My issue is my job is going to be ending any time now, so I’m nervous the 60 day allowance will not be enough as per this Law firms expected completion of the petition for E2 status change. Should I opt to do a B2 change of status prior to losing my job to buy my family more time and then do another change of status once the E2 petition is complete and ready to submit? We cannot go back to Canada to do a consulate path for personal reasons. I thought E2 petition prep was fairly straightforward, anyone know if this could be done in 4 weeks? Thanks as usual :)

E2 can be done faster it all depends when the lawyer helps you do the business plan/report and then file in premium.
Still best rout is to go to consulate (atleast the main applicant) your dependents can always change status while inside USA but at ONE time in future needs to exit and re-enter US to valid the VISA status. Hope this helps.
Pls share your experience.
Can you private message about your business plan/city

Hiya, have you done LLC formation, EIN, business plan, etc, etc. If all docs are complete, the petition can be submitted within 1-2 weeks. Are you starting a brand new biz or an existing one?