Time to Apply EAD and AP?

GCLOVER007

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
My First EAD and AP is expiring on March 25, 2006. Which is the correct time period to apply for renewal? I heard, need to apply 90 days before. Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

-GCLover007

Yes that is the suggested time.

However nowdays CIS is processing very fast AP and EAD.

I got my EAD and AP approved yesterday from NSC. Here are the details

AP & EAD RD Oct 20 2005
AP & EAD AP Dec 1 2005
NSC

EAD RFE asking for biometrics appointment date.

Thanks

ecuellaro said:
Yes that is the suggested time.

However nowdays CIS is processing very fast AP and EAD.

I got my EAD and AP approved yesterday from NSC. Here are the details

AP & EAD RD Oct 20 2005
AP & EAD AP Dec 1 2005
NSC

EAD RFE asking for biometrics appointment date.

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you apply thru online or paper?

Thanks
GCLover007

GCLOVER007 said:
Gurus,
My First EAD and AP is expiring on March 25, 2006. Which is the correct time period to apply for renewal? I heard, need to apply 90 days before. Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

-GCLover007
Mine was suppose to expire on JAN 21, 2006 ...i applied oc OCT 25, but got it on NOV29....so its fast at NSC now a days but yes 90 days is very safe thing to do.

GCLOVER007 said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance.

-GCLover007
90+ days for EAD is very safe ONLY if you are using your EAD currently for working.

If not, then you can apply 30-45 days before expiry as thats about the approx time its taking NSC to process EAD/AP renewals.

For AP, I would apply no earlier than 60 days (as there is no provision for i-AP similar to i-EAD after 90 days)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.
I didn't use EAD yet. I will start preparing the application for both EAD and AP. Will send the applications end of Dec (after 25th).

Thanks again for great help.

GCLover007

One more Question

Hi Gurus,
My wife's EAD is expiring on March 2005 and her H4 is expiring on May 2006 (We are going to file H4 Extension soon). She got a two months project and wanted to use the EAD for that. Once after the project is over, is it possible to come back to H4 status or she has to stay in EAD status?

Thanks in advance
GCLover007

No way..Once u use ur EAD..u canot get back the h4 or h1...If u got h1 also u canot go back to h4.

Nimmi said:
No way..Once u use ur EAD..u canot get back the h4 or h1...If u got h1 also u canot go back to h4.
is that so!
I am not sure about that.
I am sure once your I-485 gets rejected then one can come back to H4.

I think you need to contact your attorney about this. I had a friend of mine his wife used to shuttle between H4 and EAD without any problems. And ofcourse they got their GC approved earlier this year.

Thanks a lot

THanks for the information. I will update you guys after I talk to my attorney about this.

GCLover007