Time To Act Now ! Read This about S.1932

GCdreamer2006

Registered Users (C)
Folks, it is time to focus energy and call Senators WHO OPPOSE our Employment Base immigration cause. I am calling the Senator Byrd and Tancredo offices now. I will politely try to persuade them or their staff about our cause. Them I will proceed and call all other senators I can. My intention is to explain the "half-lives" we have been exposed to, our plight and reasonable request to relief this severe cut-off dates from our lives.

Read the below and I hope that motivates you to do the same and contact Senator Byrd, Tancredo and others who oppose this bill. Explain the Employment Base greencard part. We are not interested in generating in debating the highly controversial H1B increase, especially after a study that shows that 70,000 qualified American blacks could take IT jobs that H1B folks are reportedly doing.

The following is from an immigration reduction group, released on 11/1/05, 2:30PM Pacific Time:

GOOD NEWS (READ BAD NEWS FOR IMMIGRATION FOLKS)... SEN. BYRD IS GOING TO CHALLENGE 350,000-A-YEAR IMMIGRATION INCREASE ON FLOOR OF SENATE!

Your 150,000-plus faxes of the last two weeks and your hundreds of phone calls since yesterday are starting to change things in the Senate. We have a chance to stop this madness in the Senate. (It's only a chance at this moment, but yesterday we were told there was no chance at all!)

Call today. Call Wednesday. You've got their attention --drive your point home.

If you didn't make a phone call yet, please do it immediately. If you already made calls, you have a new message to deliver.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKE THE CALL

Please use the following link to get phone numbers, talking points and to give us feedback on your call:
http://www.numbersusa.com/phones?ID=4162

We will keep that Phone Action page updated throughout today and tomorrow, so you will have up-to-date info in between any mass emailings we do.

ASK YOUR TWO SENATORS TO VOTE FOR THE BYRD AMENDMENT ON IMMIGRATION REVENUE

When you call the offices of your state's two Senators, tell them that you urge the Senators to vote FOR Sen. Byrd's amendment concerning immigration revenue.

Tell them this amendment is to S. 1932 (the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005).

Tell them that Sen. Byrd's amendment would strip out provisions that inadvertently were going to add 350,000 permanent foreign workers and family to the U.S. workforce EVERY YEAR.

Then make your points about how we don't need massive new flows of foreign workers (see arguments below).

You can see the phone numbers for your two Senators by clicking on:
www.NumbersUSA.com/myMembers

Our full phone directory is at:
http://www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo

ABOVE IS ALL YOU NEED TO READ TO ACT.

USE THE INFO IN THE REST OF THIS EMAIL FOR ASSISTANCE IN WHAT YOU MIGHT SAY ON THE PHONE.

=====================================

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN SENATE THAT GIVES US SOME HOPE

Yesterday, there appeared no interest anywhere in the Senate to try to amend the Budget Reconciliation bill by stripping the provision that would add up to 350,000 extra permanent green cards a year. Our best friends in the Senate said they didn't want to challenge the provision because they knew they would lose overwhelmingly.

But constituent pressure has been immense against this massive increase in immigration.

As in so many times in the past, our saving angel appears to be Sen. Byrd (D-WV) who at the moment has decided to offer an amendment on the Senate floor (probably on Wednesday) to strip all provisions from the Reconciliation bill that would increase temporary H-1B work visas and permanent immigration green cards.

It appears that Sen. Sessions (R-AL) will lead the Republican support for this bill.

Sen. Byrd's amendment apparently would raise the Judiciary Committee's revenue goal by raising fees on existing work visas and greencards instead of by selling more visas and greencards.

One of the great things about this effort is that it appears that Sen. Byrd is actually getting several Democratic Senators to work closely with him on killing the outlandish provision of selling skilled American jobs in order to raise extra revenue to decrease the federal deficit. The American worker rarely has gotten help against immigration competition from Democratic Senators (other than Byrd and Feinstein of California) in recent years. But this provision cooked up by Microsoft lobbyists and forced into the budget bill by Sen. Kennedy (D-MA) and Sen. Specter (R-PA) may have finally gone so overboard to get more Democrats standing up for working Americans again.

At a time when most of the nation is up in arms because overall immigration is far too high, Sen. Byrd -- by bringing this measure out in the open for debate -- may be able to show his colleagues how shameful it would be for the Senate to increase the importation of foreign workers and their families by another 350,000 a year.

Those are all jobs that would be removed permanently from the American people because these foreign workers are given permanent residency in the U.S.

Don't just view messages- this is the time for ACT!! Contact Your US Senator Now!!

Send this letter to your Senators Immediately!! I sent it earlier today, you should do now...http://www.senate.gov/
---------------------

Say NO to Senator Byrd’s Amendment to S.1932 (section 8001)

This amendment reverses action already taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee to increase revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available. This is a very simplistic, but myopic and ill-advised step!!

Please vote NO when this amendment comes up for consideration. If not, the Senate will lose the opportunity to raise significant revenue by allowing the use of visas that were authorized by Congress, but never used due to administrative delays.

If relief is not provided to skilled, legal immigrants like myself, our future will continue to be plagued by uncertainty for many years to come.

Such delays are causing great hardship to tax- paying, law-abiding, skilled immigrants many of whom have US Citizen children, both large and small American employers and entrepreneurs, and a potential loss of talent and billions of dollars of revenues to American businesses and the economy at large.

There are estimated to be about 300,000-400,000 people affected by the current EB (Employment Based) backlog. These people contribute an estimated $15-20 billion to the US economy (atleast $5 billion in direct taxes plus other direct/indirect receipts).

Call !! Call !! Persuade !! Persuade !!

I called Tom Tancredo's office, I called my WA Senators'' office.
I have e-mailed the reduction immigration leaders askin them to give us a break on this EB cause !

I will call tomorrow again and I have explained how concerned I am with the direction the US is heading on immigration and how I sympathize with this cause. At the same time, I am trying to persuade them that our Employment Base Greencard issue is a legitimate cause and we are valuable immigrants who bring family values and a healthy competition to America. Moreover, I told Sen. Tancredo staff that we have been in the queue for a greencard for several years and we cannot continue to submit ourselves and our families to continue living "half-lives" in the US. I explained that recapturing EB visa numbers from previous years is a fair approach, since visa numbers remained underutilized due to the slow USCIS greencard process.

LET'S ACT NOW OR NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent the below message to Senator Byrd. This is his web-address: http://byrd.senate.gov/byrd_email.html

I do not know if it helps to send the same over and over by many people to him - but may be you can modify it little bit and send to your state senators and house reps.

This thing is like and India Vs Pak cricket match - tension down to the wire. Hope we will make it even by a narrow margin. Lets do our part by contacting the senators once again. Concentrate on the EB relief provisions alone in your letters/faxes.

Honorable Senator Byrd,

I read with great anxiety that you are preparing to propose an amendment to drop the EB immigration relief proposals from the Budget reconciliation bill being discussed in the Senate currently. I am writing this to request you to please reconsider that decision.

There are many misconceptions about the immigration relief provisions attached to the budgetary proposal, and the major fear seems to be that this proposal will lead to Americans lose more jobs. However, these relief provisions have nothing in them, which will lose American jobs. On the other hand, in the abscence of these relief proposals, the American IT industry stands to lose many of its most experienced and hardworking people and thereby lose tremendous momentum. These provisions give relief to the guest workers WHO ARE ALREADY HERE LEGALLY AND LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). These people are working in the US for past several years, and they are still stuck midway in the process because of a broken immigration system. Several highly qualified professionals are waiting in the line for more than 5 or 6 years already and these relief proposals are needed very much right now. These are the people supporting the lifeline of the American IT industry - the highly qualified, tax paying, law abiding professionals who are an asset to the organizations they serve. American IT industry needs the service of these people. It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like large database security designing, enterprise ERP implementation, enterprise datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers, even with the guest worker program. It will be a tremendous loss to the American Industry if we lose qualified professionals who are supporting the lifeline of the industry and paying huge amounts of taxes for several years already, because the senate and the house is not able to recognize the genuine need for relief at this critical juncture.

Once again I would like to submit to you that the EB immigration relief provisions have nothing in them that will lose American jobs. Anything which states otherwise is a false propaganda. The immigration system is badly broken, those who dis-regard the law should be punished, and the illegal immigration should be curbed urgently. But it is un-American to punish the LEGAL immigrant community AGAIN AND AGAIN for the mistakes of a failed burocracy and a broken system. American Industry needs the services of the highly skilled workers who are ALREADY HERE LEGALLY and standing in line for immigration for several years already. Without immediate relief, many of them will go out of status and forced to leave the country and it will be a blow to the American industry as a whole. Hence, kindly reconsider your decision to propose the amendment to drop these proposals from the budgetory bill.

I once again request to you to please support the Employment Based Immigration relief provisions included in the budgetory proposals.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Contact Democratic/GOP chairs too

I also sent messageS to Gov. Howard Dean, DNC chairman and Ken Mehlman RNC chair.

For Howard Dean: http://www.democrats.org/page/petition/chairman

For Ken Mehlman: Chairman@gop.com

Please modify your messages accordingly depending on whome you sent it to(BE POLITICALLY CORRECT)..

Honorable Gov. Dean,

I greatly admire the way you energized the grass root elements of the Democratic Party. I am a guest worker/aspiring immigrant who is standing in line for LEGAL employment based immigration for more than 4 years now. As you might be knowing, several thousands of us are stuck badly in this immigration process due to the across the board retrogression of employment based visas. We had great hopes in the relief provisions included in the budget reconciliation bill by the Senate Judiciary Committee. We were hoping that there would be Democratic support for these provisions. However, we learned with great anxiety that a prominent Democrat, Senetor Robert Byrd is preparing to propose an amendment for an altogether drop of all such relief provisions from the budgetory bill.

Below is a letter I sent to Senator Byrd on the issue. It discusses the details of the need for this relief proposals not only for the immigrants, but also for the American IT Industry. I request you to please call upon the Democratic Senators/house representatives to support these badly needed relief proposals. We hope to receive a positive response from your side and thank you for the same.

Honorable Senetor Byrd,

I read with great anxiety that you are preparing to propose an amendment to drop the EB immigration relief proposals from the Budget reconciliation bill being discussed in the Senate currently. I am writing this to request you to please reconsider that decision.

There are many misconceptions about the immigration relief provisions attached to the budgetary proposal, and the major fear seems to be that this proposal will lead to Americans lose more jobs. However, these relief provisions have nothing in them, which will lose American jobs. On the other hand, in the abscence of these relief proposals, the American IT industry stands to lose many of its most experienced and hardworking people and thereby lose tremendous momentum. These provisions give relief to the guest workers WHO ARE ALREADY HERE LEGALLY AND LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). These people are working in the US for past several years, and they are still stuck midway in the process because of a broken immigration system. Several highly qualified professionals are waiting in the line for more than 5 or 6 years already and these relief proposals are needed very much right now. These are the people supporting the lifeline of the American IT industry - the highly qualified, tax paying, law abiding professionals who are an asset to the organizations they serve. American IT industry needs the service of these people. It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like large database security designing, enterprise ERP implementation, enterprise datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers, even with the guest worker program. It will be a tremendous loss to the American Industry if we lose qualified professionals who are supporting the lifeline of the industry and paying huge amounts of taxes for several years already, because the senate and the house is not able to recognize the genuine need for relief at this critical juncture.

Once again I would like to submit to you that the EB immigration relief provisions have nothing in them that will lose American jobs. Anything which states otherwise is a false propaganda. The immigration system is badly broken, those who dis-regard the law should be punished, and the illegal immigration should be curbed urgently. But it is un-American to punish the LEGAL immigrant community AGAIN AND AGAIN for the mistakes of a failed burocracy and a broken system. American Industry needs the services of the highly skilled workers who are ALREADY HERE LEGALLY and standing in line for immigration for several years already. Without immediate relief, many of them will go out of status and forced to leave the country and it will be a blow to the American industry as a whole. Hence, kindly reconsider your decision to propose the amendment to drop these proposals from the budgetory bill.

I once again request to you to please support the Employment Based Immigration relief provisions included in the budgetory proposals.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

You two posted very good letters. Good job. Here is mine:

"I am conscious that Americans are increasingly concerned with illegal
immigration and sensitive to H1B visas increases as well. A number of
doctors, engineers and scientists who have been in the queue for an Employment Base greencard filed on our behalf by American employers respect and sympathize with your cause.

Please do not oppose the portion in the S.1932 bill that would relief
the visa numbers recapture for the Employment Base immigrants. In case you
are not aware, there are hard-working professional immigrants waiting in the line for a greencard for several years. More recently we have been affected by the lack of visa numbers that would make us wait 8-10 more years for a greencard. That is unreasonable. Note this current lack of visa
numbers is affecting mostly people who came here since 1998 and
therefore already went through the process of Labor Certifications, which
demonstrated that we did not hurt qualified American applicants back
then. It does not seem fair just halt the process on us since we had planned our lives and left our countries with our families years ago. We are stuck in the greencard process now due to past bureaucracy and amnesty 245i granted to illegal aliens, what significantly delayed our greencard applications for several years. We cannot continue to submit our families to live
"half-lives" in the US for too long. We are tax payers and we bring
values to America. Considerable tax deductions have been taken out of our
pay checks for the last several years and we don't receive a single benefit
from the US government or US Citizens now or even less if we decide to quit and go back
home.

Such visa number recapture and increase in Employment Visa numbers are
necessary to keep our greencard process moving forward. Furthermore,
note that recapturing visa numbers from previous years seem a fair approach
since those remained underutilized due to the slow and inefficient
greencard process system administered in previous years by the US
Citizenship and Immigration services.

I hope that all Americans reading this can reflect about this issue and
cooperate with us. I am confident this is a fair and reasonable
request.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me.

<name>
"

optimistguy said:
I also sent messageS to Gov. Howard Dean, DNC chairman and Ken Mehlman RNC chair.

For Howard Dean: http://www.democrats.org/page/petition/chairman

For Ken Mehlman: Chairman@gop.com

Please modify your messages accordingly depending on whome you sent it to(BE POLITICALLY CORRECT)..

Honorable Gov. Dean,

I greatly admire the way you energized the grass root elements of the Democratic Party. I am a guest worker/aspiring immigrant who is standing in line for LEGAL employment based immigration for more than 4 years now. As you might be knowing, several thousands of us are stuck badly in this immigration process due to the across the board retrogression of employment based visas. We had great hopes in the relief provisions included in the budget reconciliation bill by the Senate Judiciary Committee. We were hoping that there would be Democratic support for these provisions. However, we learned with great anxiety that a prominent Democrat, Senetor Robert Byrd is preparing to propose an amendment for an altogether drop of all such relief provisions from the budgetory bill.

Below is a letter I sent to Senator Byrd on the issue. It discusses the details of the need for this relief proposals not only for the immigrants, but also for the American IT Industry. I request you to please call upon the Democratic Senators/house representatives to support these badly needed relief proposals. We hope to receive a positive response from your side and thank you for the same.

Honorable Senetor Byrd,

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Last edited by a moderator: