time taken for usc's IR Visa

sreeleshk

Registered Users (C)
If a USC is to file a 130 petition for his spouse (IR), at the moment it takes 5 months to get the i130 approved under Vermont Service Center to my understanding once the 1 30 is approved the case is sent to the regional consulate where the IR resides. In my case India - Consulate in Chennai/Madras.
how much time does it take on an average lately after the i 130 is approved ?

Please advise

i m in the same boat................i have seen some of the people's timeline on visajourney forum...........IR1/CR1 section..........you can certainly look at those...........it varies ...... by 1 to 3 months

Hi,

I filed for IR1 for my wife in Delhi on Jan 4th, 2010. I am USC. The case got transferred to Mumbai consulate and I got the corresponding paper work from Mumbai consulate (i.e Packet 3 ) by Feb 9th. Now, am holding those papers to delay the interview process. But, based on the forums and my discussion with US Embassy, it may take as little as 2 months by the time I reply to packet 3. So, I can guess in your case, it should take similar amount of time (approx 3 months ).

I heard, If I don't reply to packet 3 with in couple of months, they may cancel my wife's IR-1 case. Not sure, the period though.

Thanks
Sridhar

Hi sridhy,

Are we talking abt CR- IR1 or is DCF?

Thanks,
Sreelesh

Hi,

I filed for IR1 for my wife in Delhi on Jan 4th, 2010. I am USC. The case got transferred to Mumbai consulate and I got the corresponding paper work from Mumbai consulate (i.e Packet 3 ) by Feb 9th. Now, am holding those papers to delay the interview process. But, based on the forums and my discussion with US Embassy, it may take as little as 2 months by the time I reply to packet 3. So, I can guess in your case, it should take similar amount of time (approx 3 months ).

I heard, If I don't reply to packet 3 with in couple of months, they may cancel my wife's IR-1 case. Not sure, the period though.

Thanks
Sridhar