Thread OPEN to Post Questions for December 03, 2020 Conference Call

DEEPAMENON

Team Member, Immigration.Com
Staff member
Rajiv S. Khanna, US Immigration Attorney, hosts a Free Community Conference Call every other Thursday to answer immigration related questions. Whether a member of the forum or not, you are welcome to call in and ask questions or just listen to the discussion live. Questions marked as FAQ'S will be addressed first and these FAQ'S will be posted in our immigration.com FAQ section. The recording of what was discussed during the live call will be posted at the end of the day. For previous recordings click here.
Note that we answer posted questions and follow-ups first.
-------------------------------------------------
Call Details:
Call Date: 03 December 2020
Start Time: 12:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
End Time: 1:30 PM, EST
Conference Dial-in: : (202)800-8394
Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
-------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.

Hi Mr.Rajiv,

I am a US citizen planning to apply for green card for my Mom. She is currently in India. Can I go ahead and file I-130 now ? I heard that there is a ban under Trump Admin for applying GC for parents living abroad? Please advice. Thanks for all the community service you are doing!! Greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Seetha

Last edited:
I filed for employment based I-485 in February 2012. My hours were reduced from 40 to 32 in July 2020, and was furloughed on October 12, 2020, and may get lay-off in January 2021. I have received employment based green card on November 10, 2020. From 2004 to 2020, I was working with same employer and also provided me I-485 Supplemental J in September 2019.

Should I have inform USCIS that my hours were reduced?

I may not able to work with company who provided I-485 supplemental J because of furlough and upcoming lay-off. Will this create issue with naturalization?

Can I apply for unemployment benefits after I have received green card?

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated.

I am a US Citizen .
I had a small incident recently . Have a misdeamenor C , was recently arrested ,but not convicted & the case is supposed to end with all charges removed from (online,etc) .

I have a elder brother who is a Indian citizen but works in Middle East. He is a civil engineer.
I want to get a B2 visit/tourist visa , applying from middle east.

I have the following questions for you.

1) Will the above incident case , impact him for getting a B2 visa/tourist visa.

2) Also because of Covid 19 , i am currently un-employed so cant provide with a Employer letter.
Will this be an issue.

3)do you have any document checklist for B2 visit/tourist visa.

3) Any advice if the brother applies from middle east for the visa

Sameer