This may affect many of us. Any thoughts?

Small Nothing

Registered Users (C)
When applying for I-485 the lawyer will often add a letter of employment stating that the job offer is still valid, just to stay on the safe side and avoid a future RFE. Since many persons applied when the economy was still booming, due to the good job market it is very likely that the salary specified on this employment letter was (significantly) bigger than the salary initially used for labor certification. How big is the danger of the INS officer interpreting this as "the applicant is now doing a different job and the application should be denied"?

No Title

As I understand it a significant increase in salary should not be a problem. You can always properly document it by stating the job duties in the employment letter should there be an RFE of interview at the local office. One important point seems to be if you start managing people while your application is for a mostly technical position.

I am not a lawyer and the above is my personal opinion. You should really consult your legal counsel if you think your are receiving a very unusual raise or are otherwise concerned by this issue.

Take care!