Third I-485 transfer in 7 years

sarwarmd

Registered Users (C)
Today our 17 years old daughter's I-485 is transferred. Here is the online message'

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Recently Baltimore Supervisor requested to transfer the application from TSC to Baltimore DO. This is happening as per that. Message is not indicating that USCIS has sent any letter to us. Message is saying that new office will be making the decision. Probably there is no interview.

Initially we applied at VSC in 2005. The application is transferred to TSC in 2007 and now to DO office Baltimore.

Actually, I have naturalisation interview at Baltomore, the same office on 01-15-2013. This I-485 will be void if I take the naturalisation before making decision on I-485. When the first applied, that was an employment based I-485.

Any thoughts on this...

Good news. It means that the process is working and your daughter is getting closer to approval. I would not take the oath until your daughter's case is approved.

Good news. It means that the process is working and your daughter is getting closer to approval. I would not take the oath until your daughter's case is approved.

TheRealCanadian!
Thank you. Today there was a lud change on our 14 years old I-485. I did not expect that LUDs will change with DO offices work on the petitions.

Last edited by a moderator: