• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

They misspellt my wifes middle name on the Permanent resident card.

Peter89A

Hello, we recently came home from out activation trip to US.

However, they told us at the SSN office that her name didnt match the name from the custom border controll.
He located the error being they left out a letter from her middle name. Her middle name is Linnea, but it said Linne. He did send a correction form to them to correct this error. But I belive they already had sent the greencard. wich arrived today.

What should we do? Should we fill out a form for a new card?

Or can we simply wait 10 years for the next card.

Just a simple left out letter of a middle name should not create any issues?

That will always create an issue, it needs to be fixed. You need to cross check your DS260 forms to confirm the error is not from your side. How was the name spelt on her immigrant visa? You'll need to apply for a replacement card - if the error is from USCIS, a replacement card will be issued for free. If the error is traceable to you, then you'll bear the cost which is currently about $540 I believe.

If that error doesn't get fixed, her SSN will not get issued, she wouldn't be able to get her driver's license, you will continue to get the run around treatment when dealing with any government agency as they will not be able to verify her status.

I sent them a request to correct the error. As all our documents it´s spelled correct.

However, we just realized that the issue might be be cause her name does not fit on the GC. We read that its 18 letter maxiumum, she has 19. There fore the last letter of her middle name has been left out. We aint sure about it, but has to be that. As her name was correct on the papers we got with the GC.

Will they see this and explain that to us, or will the produce a new card and charge us 550Dollars? =(