The online messgae for filers after 7/31

delayed#1

Registered Users (C)
my application was received @ VSC on 8/14/07. CC on 11/07/07 and when I check the ESC* number online it state that " this N-400 application was received on 9/14/07...."
this is amonth later than the actual date. any explanation? or similar occurances?

thanks

I assumed that it is goning to happen this way.
At least your number has already been enetered into the system, my number still not working.

Vsc N-400

Mine Says same thing

I sent an application on Aug 23rd
checks were cashed on 11/14/2007

No signs of Receipt notice yet

My reciept notice also has a different date from when USCIS (NSC) recieved the application.

I think it is okay. If everyone is more or less uniformly delayed then you don't lose anything from the 1 month late PD.

Here is the message

On September 14, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

almost 20 days delay. I think this is normal, because I saw them same thing with someone else's application.

CIS still maintains that they will honor the date the application was received in their mailroom. Not that it is going to matter much given the prolong wait ahead of us, but it helps you understand where you began the journey/wait.

18 months for citizenship? are they out of their mind? what should I do with my wife overseas?
Every single thing I put my finger with immigration to do, backlog one after another showed up.

For me, my wife is a F1 student and she graduates in May.
I thought that applying in October would be enough cushion for us to apply for her in May,

18 months would be C R A Z Y....

I have a feeling that NSC is more efficient than the rest of them.
Be happy, It will be over soon.

Nimche, Have you received your N-400 receipt notice from CSC as of yet. I had sent in N-400 to CSC 10/02/07, check cashed 11/06, no receipt notice yet. Any idea where is the receipt number printed on the check. Tried lot of combinations but no luck.

Same thing here, no notice and number doesn't work.
On USCIS website says they have issued reciept for people up to 10-15-2007
Give me an update.

Thanks

Good to see that some post-July applications are appearing in the system already. Mine is still not showing up, but my check was cashed a couple of days after hotguynyc reported his check cashed. Hopefully, the number showing up online is an indicator of a receipt arriving soon.

Nimche, Have you received your N-400 receipt notice from CSC as of yet. I had sent in N-400 to CSC 10/02/07, check cashed 11/06, no receipt notice yet. Any idea where is the receipt number printed on the check. Tried lot of combinations but no luck.

And I assume that you are not in Texas anymore? Can I ask you what city are you in?

NSC is not more efficient..it process less volume..
On average, NSC processes only 16% of the national volume..
84% is shared among the other 3 centers..
And in reality, most of the volume for NSC comes from Illinois...other states are really almost...nothing..
That is why NSC is faster than others. However, a friend who went to the NSC center in person said it is so small compared to what you expect to see...

NSC is not more efficient..it process less volume..
On average, NSC processes only 16% of the national volume..
84% is shared among the other 3 centers..
And in reality, most of the volume for NSC comes from Illinois...other states are really almost...nothing..
That is why NSC is faster than others. However, a friend who went to the NSC center in person said it is so small compared to what you expect to see...

I would imagine that CSC and VSC would be the busiest centers, due to the population sizes of some of the states they process (CA around 36 mil., NY around 18 mil.). However, CSC is considerably ahead of VSC. Maybe there are simply more applicants on the East Coast?

It seems that data entry teams work at random paces at VSC. My application was received on 8/20 and check was cashed on 11/13 - yet my online status is not up and I have yet to receive that NOA.

It seems that data entry teams work at random paces at VSC. My application was received on 8/20 and check was cashed on 11/13 - yet my online status is not up and I have yet to receive that NOA.

Mine was received on 9/4, check cashed on 11/15. I've yet to receive NOA and have my status info posted online. Incidentally, the latest receipt number that appears online is ESC*002065100. No numbers following that one have been entered since 11/15.