The Never-ending Story of....Traffic Citations

chico74

Registered Users (C)
I'm still waiting on my interview next month.. I had a speeding ticket in AZ some 20 years ago when I was visiting as a tourist driving a rental car... I never paid it, I don't even remember why (if I remember correctly I was never stopped by an officer. I was probably caught by a camera and the ticket came to rental car company after I left the country and they never told me...). I found all about this AZ ticket 10 years ago when I was applying for a driver's license in FL and was told I had a pending ticket in AZ. They said there is a "hold" on my driving priviliges until I take care of that ticket... So I contacted the court clerk in AZ, said I didn't know what it was all about, and to make a long story short - the judge decided to dismiss the ticket, and consequently I was able to get my Driver's License in FL.

Now, for the N400 process, I contacted the AZ court asking for a formal disposition of my ticket and they said they don't hold anything from so many years ago. All I have is an internet printout off the court's website saying: "Dismissed By Officer". Could that raise a problem at interview, and how can I further prepare for it in advance to avoid RFE's and adjudication delays in my case??

Don't worry about it, just bring the printout. The interviewing officer will not care about one dismissed speeding ticket.