Texas Service Center H1B Extension Processing Times

eefrog

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I have filed for my extension with TSC. My receipt date is June 24th, 2003. My first term of H1B expires in Dec. 2003. Seems TSC is processing May 2003 cases right now. Based on their speed and your processing times, is it probable that I will get my extension in time by the end of Dec. Just by having the extension filed in time, am I ok with the status ? Thats what my lawyer tells me when I posed her the same question.
Please do share your experiences and provide some insight and feedback.
thanks much
eefrog

hello,

we seem to be in almost the same boat. I file my extension RD is June 2nd. You will be in status for about 120days after the dec date on your visa so your lawyer is right.

Do you have any guesstimate as to when we should expect our extensions processed?
Do you think that by the end of Dec. at max they would have processed June 24th's applications ?
Please do keep me posted if you hear anything on your app.
thanks,
frog

Am in a similar situation. Filed for the renewal on June 30 and my current H1 is expiring in Nov. The lawyers say it doesn't matter as long as the extension's been filed. Would not affect any Green card processing either. You can expedite it to get it done in 15 days but will cost $1K.
Let me know if you hear any progress on ur front. Will do the same.

H1-B Extension in TSC

Hi All,

I am in the similar boat too. My H1-B expires on 1st Dec. And my extension has been filed on 2nd July 2003. I know that you can work for 240 days with that company after your H1-B expires and extension is filed. I was wondering if I am laid off before extension approval and after 1st Dec, can some other company file for your H1-B transfer ? If anyone has information on this then please post it here.

Thanks

Well my friends the update just came out for the 11/07 week, and according to that TSC is still stuck at 05/01/2003 cases for the extensions. Wonder how long would it take them to process the may cases.
frog

Re: Don't Worry

Sorry !.

My H1 expired on 08/01/2003 and was applied on 07/17/2003. I am still waiting... Once your H1 is received by TSC with in 15 days they will issue your lawyer the receipt. you can track your status by entering that receipt number

here is the link:
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp

Also, after application you are not out of status. When you closely read the receipt it say, " it might take 120 - 180 days to process".

Visa stamping is taking approx. 3 months, so be prepared for that too :rolleyes:

All the best !!!

Is h1b transfer same as extension

I have filed my H1B transfer. is it supposed to take same time as H1B extension.
TSC has three different dates for the I-129.
Is H1B trasnfer "change of status" or "extension of stay"?
Can I change company in between. How??

hi i seem to have alittle problem related to the issues here
my visa has already expired on 1st nov and unfortunately i got late in filing for my extension---i did that only yesterday. iwnder if anybody has info as to what my status is as of now---will i have to go to india to get my visa stamped or what??
need help guys

Good news Guys!!!!

Checked my status online saw it was approved Yesterday Dec-03 I have a recieved dated of June-02.

Guess as soon as I have it i would move to the visa revalidation queue.

Good luck all.

Hi Fiathfull

Hi Faithful,

My Received Date is May 19 , and my Status still shows the same that it would take fron 120 to 180 days.

Was your case in Texas Service Center ?

Well congratulations faithfully. I am happy that you got yours approved. Keeping my fingers crossed that mine will follow in a few weeks. Thanks, also for keeping us posted.
eefrog

mine is still pending with a receipt date of June 24th. My visa is already expired this dec, and I am getting a little worried now. Does anyone have any idea how much more longer I would have to wait ti get mine approved? It has been six months, on the 24th of Dec.
thanks,
eefrog

Seems that the TSC is stuck at May 22nd for the processing of H1 extesion cases. Is there anyone out there who recently got an approval back on H1 status. Could someone please share when they applied and how long did it take for them to get an approval back?
Mine has been pending now for 6 months and 15 days.
thanks,
eefrod

My receipt date was 6/16/03 from TSC, still I did not here anything from TSC. I will appreciate this forum's users update, if anyone who has filed their transfer/extension with this date range. I changed from company A to company B and it was filed as H1B transfer.

I will appreciate your update.

Thanks
Regards

I have heard from my attorney that as long as I have the application for extension filed for renewal, I have authorization to work for 240 days. If its still pending after that, I'll be unauthorized.
I heard 90 days first from her, and now I am hearing 240 days, please let me know if someone knows anything about it or if someone has had been in a similar situation.
My application has a receipt date of June 24th day.
thanks,
eefrog

Tracker

Hi Guys, I am also in same boat, mine RD is Oct 17, 2003, H1-B will expire on 03-31-04 !

Let's trace all in one place

Member, Receipt Date - Status
----------,-----------------, ---------
faithfully - 06/02/03
neelsan - 06/16/03
sunny76g - 06/24/03 - approved Jan 20th
immi16 - 06/30/03
gcinfinite - 07/02/03
hudakchullu- 07/21/03
eefrog - 07/24/03
????????????????????????????any one in august / sept ?
powerman - 10/17/03

Please correct the info if anything wrong!

Let's CUT, PASTE, ADD/UPDATE, SORT (by date) the list, so we can compare/estimate the processing time!

Last edited by a moderator: