Tested positive for tuberculosis

hsrinivas: you are scaring me now; I guess 1st they put u on medication .. correct

I guess they put you on medication first. I had TB some 15 years before and now cured ofcourse. I expect scar in lung. After telling
doctor that I had TB some 15 years ago, she did not take my skin test
and told me to take xray. I am worried. My question is that \'do they come to know that scar is 15 years old and that I am all right now\'.

india2528: Why medication if she is healed/inactive TB.

Could you please let us know why this medication.
Also how long does one have to take this medication.
Did your application went through while she was on medication or after
completing that medicine course.
I have a scar in my lung and INS doctor did not take skin test after
I told her that I had TB 15 years ago.She instead told me to take xray. Now that xray will show scar. I am very worried.

Nothing to worry bkhote!!

If a person has inactive TB which as per WHO 1 in 3 persons in this world have, doctors give medication as a precaution. This medication is for 6 months. 1 tablet daily. What happens is inactive TB bacteira sit in ur body without any harm for years, but these may (or may not) become active if one does not take medication. So in order to prevent any future outbreak doctor gave her medication. INS doctor told me there should not be any problem in immigration as inactive TB means nothing as far as immigration is concerned. So you dont have to worry about anything. I am yet to file the I485 but I am sure there will not be any problem. By the way I also had scar on my lung but there was no TB. So relax!!!

What must I do now my son is TB positive and is required to undergo treatment for 6months. His 21st birthday is coming up on July before six months end. Called and emailed the embassy no answer. What should we do now. Please give me hope. Thanks.
Amber