Tested positive for tuberculosis

amehndiratta

I am about to file for I-485 and found out that I have tuberculosis at initial stage. As per the doctor, it takes 4-9 months of regular medication.

Can anyone advise me on what to do.

thanks.

Do not worry

DO NOT WORRY. INS guidelines on TB say some think like this
It is not the presence of TB but helth risk to other US
citizens can be a cause for I-485 denial.

Once you are cured, you can still get I-485 approved. I know
a specific case of a person who had prior TB and is approved
already. May be INS will ask you a medical RFE in 6 months.

But with medication, be damn committed if you want your GC and
life back. Do not miss any single medication even if the symptoms
seem to be gone for more than months).

Talk with your lawyer. Once you are cured, you are no longer
a risk. May be he would advise you to file after another 4 months
at most.

-Sangli

Is it Skin Test ?

What do you mean by tested +ve for TB.

Q) Is it skin test ?
Ans:) if it is , this is +ve for lot of people coming from Asia. Did you follow it up with X-RAY?

Q) X-Ray also shows +ve ?
Ans:) If it is did you follow it up with Sputum test. I know people whose skin and X ray are positive but didnot actually have TB.

If you do have TB. don\'t worry about GC now. Get treated and get well soon. have faith in God and be strong. They will not reject your case based on your medical condition of TB, they will only make sure that U get treated. And some one also posted here that your processing will not stop because of this. Best is to go to an INS approved Doctor who is from your country and who understands the prevalance of this disease in your country. He might even let you off or U may not even have this disease. Don\'t worry everything will be fine. Take care and get well soon. Good luck may God bless U.

No Title

Sorry to hear the story. But man you are lucky,I think the immigration process did help you detect it in the initial stage.

Dont worry , you will recover and everything will be o.k.
Good Luck !!

I expect +ve xray .. I had tb some 20 yrs ago.. help

I have that spot in chest which is visible in xray. Obvouusly I am cured, married for 4 year. In my case I expect skin and xray to be positive.
please tell me what should I do. Shall I go to my doctor, get tested for any recidual tb and start medicine.
Also some one told me that these test must be done by INS approved
doctor and your primary health care physician is not enough.

Don\'t Worry about it. Skin test will be negative if you already had TB and took medication.

It will be negative...Don\'t expect that to be positive.

Tests are done by the Lab not by the INS doctor.

INS Doctor is like any other general physician or internal medical practitioner. He does not approve you fitness but writes comments like `should be considered for approval\'. The acceptance is by some civil surgeon at INS.
I wouldn\'t care about GC, if I had TB or any such disease. Life is more important than GC (it is only a visa to live and work in US).

my wife got TB 10 years ago, our skin tests are both +, but x-ray showed ok. we still filed 485.

That\'s fine

I got the same thing. Both the doc and person at the health dept said it\'s no problem to file 485. The health dept personnel suggest me to take the medicine which I agreed. This kind of exam result is very common to person from east asia, according to the doc. So just relax and file you 485.

TB POSITIVE

HI
My skin test is negative but chest XRAY is +ve(scar on lung). My wife\'s skin test is positive and Chest XRAY is +ve too. INS doctor said her case is complicated and suspects TB. Assuming she has TB, can we file 485? If yes how will it affect the processing? I know GC is least important if TB is +ve but just curious to know how 485 will be affcted? Any suggestions will be highly appreciable!!

right, trying another dr might be a good idea

Having TB will definitely brings you trouble in 485.

all indians test +ve for TB test

Folks,

According to my doc, all indians would test +ve for TB because of
the BCG vaccine we get as infants ( anti TB dose), but we should
test neagative for X-rays or sputum test.

MY INS doctor in NJ was very well aware of this fact and put down
negative for TB.

what about testing +ve in X-RAY

Me and my wife both had X-Ray +ve. You think it will create problems. If we actually have TB, what is effect on GC?

skin test +ve and X-Ray normal

I applied for I485 with INS physician signed medical forms. He also mentioned "given medication for 6 months. no further treatment required" in the remarks.

do you think I\'ll get an RFE for the completion of medication? If I do get it, how do i prove i\'ve taken the medication for 6 months?

Thanks a lot

india2528 need to talk, People with +ve xray, please help us.

I am in similer boat. After telling doctor that I had TB some 20 years ago ( obviously
I am cured now, married and have children), she did not take any skin test but rather
asked me to take an x-ray. I expect it to be positive ( scar in chest). I am not sure
what to expect ... very worried. We will appreciate if some who have gone thro\' this stage after having +ve x-ray put his experience here .
I guess next will be testing saliva at TB clinic.

scar in right lung.

I have scar in my right lung ( after lung operation ). I never had TB, but have scar in right lung. It shows up in X-ray. I got medical conclusion - Scar in right lung. No active ???something. Negative for TB. INS doctor approved my form, but mention about scar. I already passed my GC interview, (but not get GC yet, waiting for CIA check accomplishment), and INS officer told me , that I have no problem from medical point of you. So, don\'t worry, if you don\'t have active TB right now you are OK.

+ve XRAY, +VE skin test does not mean TB!! Please Read!!!

After being in big dilemma we finally found there is nothing wrong even though X-RAY and Skin Test are both +ve. INS doctor sent us to pulomanry doctor. Pulomanry doctor after seeing the X-RAYS concluded my wife has healed/ inactive TB and reccomended INH medication. For me he said there is nothing wrong. We took his reports to INS doctor and after sitting on these reports for 2 days, I got his call today telling me to pick up reports on Monday. He said everything is OK. So guys we went thru lot of tension for last 2 weeks, please do not be tensed if skin test and X-Ray comes +ve. You might not have TB at all!! We will file I-485 soon, hope everything goes well!!!

No Title

why did you go for X ray when your skin test was negative? I think X ray has to be done only if skin test is +ve.