Ten years of looking at moving to Canada...please read and advise

Jlund

Hello! I hope I'm in the right place. I'm a US born citizen, 36, a college degree, no kids, never married, fluent in both English and French, and living in Duluth, Minnesota, have spent extensive time in Canada. I've worked in health and fitness for 18 years and am considering getting my nursing degree (once I clear up my student debt). I run marathons and will be in Windsor this October, and then I will be in Buffalo for the first time in late October. I have looked extensively into this live-in caregiver program in Canada but, like most immigration forms, I'm wondering what, if any red tape is involved, where do I begin, and (since I'm going to be in Buffalo anyways) do you think I have enough time to put a portfolio together so I can talk to the immigration officials while I am there. I feel like, after looking into it for this long, I need to just do it. No, I'm not wealthy, but I do have close friends I can stay with who are part of the church, and can point me in the right direction in terms of caregiver jobs in Windsor. Also,
being gay and unable to get married here is not necessarily an issue since I'm single,
but if I can use that to my advantage I will.

I know I keep returning to this question but it's confusing! Where do I start...I have
read the forms on the CIC site and most do not apply to me since I'm not coming from
other parts of the world and don't require 'landing assistance' since northern Minnesota and Canada are so similar.

Once again, thank you for any assistance you can offer.