TD STATUS

ABCDSK

I got my TN last September and 2 years left on TN status. Next month I want to bring my wife with me to the US. She has two options: 1st is she does not apply TN status, just visit the US for no more than 6 months consecutively. 2nd is she applies TD status and she can stay with me until my TN expires in Sept 2021. Questions:
1) Is it hard to get TD at POE?
2) If she got TD, couple months later if she got job offer (RN, nurse), is it possible to apply TN with TD status? Difficult and any issue to do that change? Or she simply comes with Canadian visitor and applies for TN by herself later when got job offer? Thanks.

1. Since you say she is Cdn, she can get TD at border with a copy of your I-94, and your marriage certificate.
2. Of course. She can change to TN from any other non-immigrant status. Being in TD status would actually make it easier, since she would not need to prove foreign residence.

1. Since you say she is Cdn, she can get TD at border with a copy of your I-94, and your marriage certificate.
2. Of course. She can change to TN from any other non-immigrant status. Being in TD status would actually make it easier, since she would not need to prove foreign residence.
Thanks, Nelsona. How much for TD? also $50?