TD Question

curiousJJ

Hi,

Thanks for reading my post. I've heard Canadians are able to enter the US by airplane. Does this also apply to non-Canadians (Permanent Residents of Canada) with a B Visa? Is this person be able to fly to the US and avoid the non-essential restriction?

My second question is, is the spouse of TN holder be able to apply for TD within the US? The person is non-Canadian so she can't apply at the border of entry and also given the factor that there is a long waiting list to get TD at a consulate.

Thank you in advance.

Yes. Entry to the US by air is not affected by the land border restrictions.

If you don't enter the US on TD status then you would need to enter the US on another status (e.g. B2) and apply for Change of Status in the US. You must tell the truth to immigration officers at entry when asked, and I am not sure they would be happy with this plan.

Yes. Entry to the US by air is not affected by the land border restrictions.

If you don't enter the US on TD status then you would need to enter the US on another status (e.g. B2) and apply for Change of Status in the US. You must tell the truth to immigration officers at entry when asked, and I am not sure they would be happy with this plan.

Thanks for your answer. I guess Change of Status in the US is the quickest way. My wife waited 2 months for the TD appointment at the consulate and today we got a notice that we need to reschedule the appointment which will be in October.

As newacct alludes, to enter on B visa requires proof of eligibility for B entry, which would include a permanent foreign home. If this exists, then entry on B is permitted.