tax returns (transcripts) Provide your input.

jmsy

Registered Users (C)
For a RFE where they have requested tax documents for the past year(s) if one doesn\'t have a photocopy of the 1040 form that was sent to IRS (for one of the years) will computer genreated transcripts received from IRS suffice. If not can we submit a copy identical to the 1040 that was used for the tax return as opposed to an exact photocopy of the form that was used for an earlier year\'s tax return. Appreciate your input.

No Title

You get the tax transcripts for free from the IRS office. If you live in NJ you can go to Trenton and get it done. It took me 30 minutes to get mine..All you have to do is fill out a form with the required years meaning 1997-2000.
You could also get the copies of all your Tax documents for a certain fee from the IRS, but I was told that takes 2 weeks.
Hope that helps.

No Title

Hi KhulJaSimSim,
Thanks for your input. When you went to the IRS office did you get the computer genereated transcripts or copies of the 1040 that you filed with your tax return. My understanding is getting copies of 1040 form that we filed might take as many as 60 business days. Did you use these copies for any RFE\'s? Let me know.
Thanks.

No Title

Hi Spatel,
Thanks for your quick response. Assume you are also looking for a copy of a prior year tax return. I want to know for RFE\'s requesting W-2 forms and prior two years tax returns will computer generated transcripts from IRS do OR do we need a photocopy of the 1040 that we filed as part of our tax return.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks.

No Title

You get the tax transcripts for free from the IRS office. If you live in NJ you can go to Trenton and get it done. It took me 30 minutes to get mine..All you have to do is fill out a form with the required years meaning 1997-2000.
You could also get the copies of all your Tax documents for a certain fee from the IRS, but I was told that takes 2 weeks.
Hope that helps.

No Title

Hi KhulJaSimSim,
Thanks again. My question is if we dont have a copy of the 1040 form that we filed with an earlier year tax return is it okay to send a copy of the transcripts that we get from the IRS office. This is for a RFE. (earning statements, emp. letter, tax details etc..).

Let me know.

Thanks.