Talked with CSC emergency number

outletvolt1

Registered Users (C)
Talked with emergency number in the morning today and "the nice lady"
answered. I was weary to get any answers since I was shunned away
almost 4 or 5 times before. All I asked was I am calling to find out my
status on I-485 application. She asked me A number. I didn't have it handy
so asked her if receipt number is oK ? she said fine. Then she verified
my name, address and asked again why I was calling. I said for I-485 status.
She asked "FP has been done ?", I said "yes". She said looks like we are
waiting for "name check to be cleared". I asked her does she know timeframe,
she said no. call after 3months if you don't hear anything. I asked if she
knows about I-140 then ? She said she can reveal this info to my lawyers
only.

Ok ... time to contact FBI now :)

What is the 'X' factor here really? I-485 can be delayed because of name checks...that I agree..but approval of I-140 should not be an issue...if not approved, it should be done soon I guess..

Do you work for a stable company with stable financials? Have you filed under EB2 or EB3 and what is your PD?

Hi outletvolt1,
Would you be kind enough to share CSC's emergency phone number?

thanks and regards
Sur

maple_cartier - Yes its unfortunate that I-140 should depend on I-485 approval.
But I am guessing that could be true of purely concurrently filed applications. That aside best we can do is followup with FBI for namecheck. And yes I
do work for a fairly stable and large corporation. I have filed in EB2. My labor was filed in Aug 2001. that's PD I hope, right ?

sur2005 - I called 949-389-3007

Name check

I too called the CSC emergency number this afternoon. A gentleman picked up the phone. I don't think he is an American. He has some accents. I told him that I wanted to know the status of my application. Then he said, 'one second'. Then I waited about 1 minute and he came back and asked me the A#, WAC# and verified my address. Then after another 1 minute, he told me that my name check was not cleared. I asked him why it took so long. He said it was a matter dealing with FBI and he didn't know. I asked him why someone others' names can be cleared very soon, not mine. He said again, he didn't know. Overall, he is very nice.

All my worries become true. I don't know how long it will take to get the name cleared. It seems if it is not cleared in three months, it probably will take forever. I've already sent an email to FBI one month back, no reply yet. Don't know what to do. They could hold up my I-140 and wait for the name check. It's kind of frustrated.

Outletvolt1, I am in the same boat as you. Let me know any updates on your side if you have any.

CSC EB2 concurrent
140/485: RD 7/21/03; ND 7/28/04

140 LUD: 7/30/04
485 LUD: 9/20/04 (for finger print)

thanks outletvolt1 for the number. I'll call the emergency number to find out what is happening in my case.

regards
Sur

Calling USCIS: don't believe everything you hear...

This is my first post to this forum as I have been a "guest" until recently.

Yesterday, I too called the USCIS emergency number and inquired about my 485 application; the response was that it was pending due to a name check. When I asked what the response was back from the FBI, the person said that the name check had nothing to do with the FBI.

I believe that the FBI name check comes back and sits in your file until processing resumes on your case. When you call and ask about your file before the case is completed, the INS officer says it is a name check issue - because my guess is that until your case is looked at, the FBI reply sits in your file waiting to be reviewed.

Good news!

About 15 minutes ago I received 14 emails (!) stating that my 140 and 485 are approved. My case was clearly not held up due to a name check issue.

I hope this helps everyone waiting for their emails: don’t believe everything you hear from the USCIS emergency help line.

Question: after I receive the approval letters, is an interview guaranteed? I read somewhere that not all approvals are sent for interviewing.

Please advise.

illusive_gc

congrats, u dont need interview if u already received i-485 approval, u r
a lawful permanent resident!! enjoy ur new freedom

CALLED CSC EMERGENCY NUMBER, CAME TO FIND OUT MINE AND SPOUSE NAME CHECK IS DONE! LADY SAID MY CASE IS W/ ADJUDICATING OFFICER!

csc purely concurrent i-140/i-485 7/1/4

i-140 AD: 3/15/05
I-485 MINE AND SPOUSE:LUD 10/27,3/18(RFE ISSUED),3/31 RFE RESPONSE RECEIVED,4/1/,4/4,4/5 THEN NOTHING..........

ANY GUESSTIMATES WHEN WE'LL RECEIVE THE APRROVAL...?

No help ..

I talked with a lady at this CSC Emergency # for delay in AOS and I was told that I need to call 800-375-5283 (the standard #) to obtain info about the same

whrismygc said:
CALLED CSC EMERGENCY NUMBER, CAME TO FIND OUT MINE AND SPOUSE NAME CHECK IS DONE! LADY SAID MY CASE IS W/ ADJUDICATING OFFICER!

csc purely concurrent i-140/i-485 7/1/4

i-140 AD: 3/15/05
I-485 MINE AND SPOUSE:LUD 10/27,3/18(RFE ISSUED),3/31 RFE RESPONSE RECEIVED,4/1/,4/4,4/5 THEN NOTHING..........

ANY GUESSTIMATES WHEN WE'LL RECEIVE THE APRROVAL...?

Cooool ! I am guessing you should get it very soon.