Talked to IO@NSC 07/06

get_gc04

Registered Users (C)
Just talked to IO at NSC and couldn't get much out of it. She mentioned same old crap ...Thousands of cases pending...processing as fast as they can etc etc.

She said that my case has not yet been assigned to an officer but it's being reviewed (Don't know, what's that mean :( ). She said, I may or may not get the visa this time....She wasn't sure. All checks are cleared, she confirmed.

One thing is for sure that all rumours about assignment of visa numbers to pending cases are IN FACT rumours.

She also said that they are processing based on RD only and they have so many cases with RD in 2001, 2002 & 2003 so these cases will get processed first. (Fair enough :D )

She said, there are some glitches (Some?) in the system, that's why I see some approvals beyond my RD. (What a comfort :( )

The overall conclusion...we are screwed.. Specially transferred cases.

one more thing

I have justed finished calling NSC, and was told that the processing is based on the RD, and for the transferred cases, the transferred date will be used for processing. :mad:

I have justed finished calling NSC, and was told that the processing is based on the RD, and for the transferred cases, the transferred date will be used for processing. :mad:

h1ca,

I don't think this is true that the transferred date would be treated as RD. I have confirmed it many times before with NSC that actual RD on your Notice will be the date they consider for the processing.

investigation into your background remains open.

just now, I finished my call to NSC. They told me that the investigation into your background remains open. I am totally confused.

Two weeks back, when I called to NSC, they told me that my case is in staging area.

I am notsure, which one is correct. NSC cust rep also told me that, they are going on RD not PD. We need to wait upto 120 days before taking any decision.

Guys, can you please provide more info about this investigation into your background remains open.

NSC Immigration Officer Number

Would u please post the sequence and what you asked to get an immigration officer?

When I caled, I could get to a customer service representative only !!

Talked to NSC IO again

I just talked to a nice officer at NSC again and he confirmed that my case is assigned to the officer today July 6, 2007. I am hoping to get thru this mess soon.....crossing my fingers :) . He also confirmed that all dependent cases have been assigned to the adjudicating officer as well. He said, he has no clue, how long it's going to take for the officer to approve.

I hope he was giving the right information because when I called in the morning, the lady officer said, it's not yet assigned to an officer.

POJ Method

Would u please post the sequence and what you asked to get an immigration officer?

When I caled, I could get to a customer service representative only !!

Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now Enter your receipt number
Press 1 (now listen to the case update info...blah blah)
Press 3
Press 4

Good Luck.

Spoke to IO at NSC. As usual took all my info receipt number, alien no.
1) My back ground checks/name are cleared? I had a FP last saturday.
IO) Yes. You application is under review.
2) Any Visa number is assigned to my application.
IO) No.
3) Does it mean I am not going to get approval??
IO) You application is under reveiwwith an officer. Once it is approved we will assign a visa number.
4) But DOS July 2nd Bulletin says all Visas unavailable.
IO)As your application is with serveice center before July 2nd you don't have a problem.
5) How many days I can expect a approval.
IO) 120 days.

I asked the officer twice and clearly said visa is not assigned to application. But once the application is approved it is assigned visa number. All the applicants who applied before July 2nd will not have a problem. He said it will take 120 days.

Wait and see :)

PD dec 2002
I -485 ND July 2003
I -140 RFE in Oct 2003 and approved in May 2004
Applied 5th EAD/AP

always_in_labor

Why are you worried abt LUD after ur FP many got thier approval without LUD.
I too gave my 2FP code1 on june 25th and till today no LUD.
Spoke to NSC yesterday
she told they recieved my FP on 26th itself. I asked then why no LUD
She said IO have no time to do that , they are working on all pending cases.

I had FP on 30/06/2007 and my LUD changed on 2nd & 3rd July, but no message change. I do not think this has to do any thing with approvals as my LUD changed on june 18th & 19th 2007 but no approval at that time too.

Regards,
online_to_gc

I gave on 6th June, no LUD no approval so far.

PD: 09/2002
RD: 10/2003

I had FP on 30/06/2007 and my LUD changed on 2nd & 3rd July, but no message change. I do not think this has to do any thing with approvals as my LUD changed on june 18th & 19th 2007 but no approval at that time too.

Regards,
online_to_gc