Talked to IIO - Little different story

debo_nair

Registered Users (C)
I just talked to a male IIO with heavy accent...He was eating words in his mouth and then spitting those words...Sounded like he was rolling a lolli-pop inside his mouth ....I told
him I had called last week and was wondering whether my case has been assigned to an officer. He took my wac no and said not assigned. when I inquired about my FP he said they received it last June 19 ( i actually did on 03/31/01) just like the last week IIO had told me. I told him about background check now. He said they dont do background check at CSC. Its done at FBI and then FP comes to their system. Same thing with my wifes case also.
So our theory about FP exisiting in system 1 and then system 2 is correct. But background check theory is wrong like we thought. The IIO who talked last week must have seen an entry like "June 19 - went for background check " which actually must have meant move FP from system 1 to system 2 after seeing that the FPs have no criminal record. But being ignorant ( as all IIOs are !!) he told me thats its gone for background checking. anyway lets wait and see...

No Title

debo, why was there so much of difference between your FP date and the entry date in their system.???

No Title

debo,

I have always thought there was no such thing as "background
check" at CSC. All the background check is done at FBI
already. Therefore, the info you got today makes sense.

The good news is: it appears that your case is close to being
adjudicated (although we knew this last week, didn\'t we?)

ciba

No Title

Helper mINE and wifes FP was done on 03/31/01 ...FP was moved to system 2 on June 19..after 2.5 months !! so people who are doing FP now u know what to expect !!

Ciba yes now thinsg are in place...The background check process is when our FP gets moved from system 1 to system 2 !!simple ...

ciba , debo_nair......

debo_nair, In earlier thread you\'d said that FBI sends FP to INS on the same day. So does FBI first just sends acknowledgement to INS that FP has been done (system 1) and later sends results of FP (system 2) ??

Also, my lawyer told me that if your I140 was approved for CP but you filed for AOS then it takes more time for processing as compared to if I140 was approved for AOS and you filed for AOS as in the previous case INS sends inquiry to NVC also.

CIBA have you observed any such delay.

No Title

No FBI does complete background checking with 24 hrs...and sends FP and results back to INS.
Then some process ( or someone ) requests FP background check result from FP department and it gets moved to system 2...CSC does not do background check got this from IIO yesterday

No Title

amit,

If you file I-1485 immediately after I-140 approval, the
delay will not be substantial regardless of whether you
designate CP or AOS. Many folks who designated CP have
gotthen their cases approved just about the same time as
other "regular" AOS folks.

ciba