Talked to IIO just now (10.47 am)

oct_rd

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

Just spoke to an IIO.

My EAD is expiring in two weeks and the extension is getting delayed. Need less to say i have been very worried.
She told me clearly no interim EAd at local office before 90 days. I asked her what are my options then. She was very kind and assured me they would make it before my expiry so i need not worry. The case is in final stage.

I also asked her about my I-485 status (i belong to the unfortunate Oct. 1-5 RD club.) Here too she told me it is being processed and is in final processing stage (whatever that means).. I asked her is it with an officer and she said Yes.

So finally some progress

oct rd

do u know when a case will go for review. Called yesterday she said, i shud here soemthing soon and my case has gone for review.

Appreciate any replies on this

I think that means an officer has been assigned our case file and/or he is actively reviewing our case rather than the file still being being in the staging area

I would appreciate though if someone tells me what is the difference between review and final review as iio told me my case is in final review stage

Don't take my word for it...

Originally posted by oct_rd
I think that means an officer has been assigned our case file and/or he is actively reviewing our case rather than the file still being being in the staging area

I would appreciate though if someone tells me what is the difference between review and final review as iio told me my case is in final review stage

But final review could mean the IBIS check...Good luck!

hi

does anyone remember what was that big adjudcation doc posted by someone a couple of months ago. I am sure we will find when a case goes for review in that. Can someone help in searching, like who posted it or title of the post etc.

I called on Oct 8 and IIO was very kind and he said it is in final stage and will get it No need to apply for EAD extension (ead expires on Dec 29th)

Again called IIO to change address on Oct 28th IIO was a bit rude and said case not assigned.

Again called IIO to conform address change last Monday IIO said you will here some thing in 2 week, 2 weeks coming to an end – nothing YET.

so what we learned - NOW IIO's GOT A NEW ANSWER AS "YOU WILL HEAR SOME THING SOON. "

I totally agree with you.

Yesterday when I called IIO, she ask me why don't check the automatic voice system for case status, then she told me my case is till pending withour assigned, but she told me I should hear something very 'soon'. How come she knows if the case still not been assigned? i am confused.

I may change a job to CA soon, what frustration!

Originally posted by FORMER_PPHILLY
I called on Oct 8 and IIO was very kind and he said it is in final stage and will get it No need to apply for EAD extension (ead expires on Dec 29th)

Again called IIO to change address on Oct 28th IIO was a bit rude and said case not assigned.

Again called IIO to conform address change last Monday IIO said you will here some thing in 2 week, 2 weeks coming to an end – nothing YET.

so what we learned - NOW IIO's GOT A NEW ANSWER AS "YOU WILL HEAR SOME THING SOON. "

Spoke to IIO this afternoon

I spoke to IIO this afternoon. My RD is 11/01/01 and it is still pending and waiting to be assigned. She told me that they are processing October and it will take 2-4 months for November.

I think we will find out one week after Thanksgiving how fast INS is processing cases. I was hoping to get the approval this year but it doesn't seem realistic. My EAD also expire 1/1/02 so I have to get it renewed this week.