Taking kids to citizenship interview

pb74

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have read some of the interview experiences, and it seems USCIS allows kids during citizenship interview. However I was wondering what are their policies regarding baby food and stroller? My interview is in Boston.

TIA.

unless your spouse has interview at the same time, your spouse can take care of baby during your interview. would it be possible for either a friend/family/baby sitter take care of baby during interview? IMHO, we wouldn't take children to any other interview, why would citizenship interview be any different?

I hear you, olddude. However my wife has interview on the same date/time. Wife is stay-at-home-mom and toddler is not accustomed to anyone else. It's a tricky situation.

I hear you, olddude. However my wife has interview on the same date/time. Wife is stay-at-home-mom and toddler is not accustomed to anyone else. It's a tricky situation.

PB:
I dropped off my wife 1 hour early at the JFK building (Dec 29), so she went in and checked in. Bottom line, her interview started (after passing the exam) 15 minutes ahead of the time on the letter.

I'd say go there 2 hours early, and either your wife or you explain the situation and try to get it done sooner (while the other person waits outside room E-160 with the baby)

If your toddler is hyper like mine, you might end up pissing off the IO. It should not impact your chances of approval, but why introduce an unknown variable if you can help it?

Good luck

We took an 8 year old, 3 year old and four month old. The oldest went into the interview with me, my wife did the interview alone and I watched them. No issues at interviews or at the oath.

Thanks for the replies. floyd, I like the idea of going early, and explaining the situation.

TheRealCanadian, are you saying the kids were with you when you took oath?

Does Boston have only one oath ceremony per day?

At the interview, can my wife & I request that our oath ceremony to be held on a different date than each other? We do not want to take our kid with us for oath.

Does Boston have only one oath ceremony per day?

At the interview, can my wife & I request that our oath ceremony to be held on a different date than each other? We do not want to take our kid with us for oath.

At the reception (during the interview) you will be given a blue paper form to fill up if you want the Oath to be together with your spouse. I don't know if you can request other way around...

Just go there together and tell the reception your situation so that two of you can be interviewed say 20 minutes apart. It is not a big deal. There are bound to be others who are already waiting but whose scheduled times are
20 minutes later than yours. All the USCIS need to do is to switch order
between one of you with another person there. Seldomly one can be
interviewed at exactly scheduled time

Thanks for all the replies. Fortunately we did not have any issue with the kid.

In room E-160, the same IO took the civic/english tests of me and my wife one after another.

In room E-170, I was being interviewed, and the other IO came to take my wife. She explained him the situation. But our kid was behaving at that time, and he was ready to take her in the interview room with the kid. They started going to the room when I came out of my room, and took the kid away :)

Now we have oath on the same day! Hopefully our kid will behave again!