Sydney CP thread

Njie

G\'day mates!
I starting a thread for Sydney CPers. I am very skeptical of this thread taking off, because of the very small number of Ozzies going for employment based CP (majority are K Visa type CPs). Most opt for AOS. But if there are any of you guys out there, please post on this thread with the following information.

EB2-NSC AD 3/12/02
Received Packet 3 on xx/xxx
Mailed back packet 3 to consulate xx/xx

And any other information you wish to discuss.
Ben

wdyaoj

My I140 AD was 02/27/02, said sent to NVC from CSC. I checked the CPtracker.com, and those cases from CSC were never reached NVC this year! Anyone know what\'s wrong with CSC mail service?

What\'s K Visa?

Thanks

wdyaoj

K Visa is for fiancee sponsorship.
I think there are delays with all consulates regarding the I-140 reaching NVC or NVC is overloaded due to changes in CP for some country applicants such as from India. So it might be affecting their "received dates". In immigration parlance it is called "front log"!

I came from Sydney.

I am glad to see this message and would also like to keep this one going. However I may not be able to contribute anything since I am still at LC stage. Could please let me know what is the advantages of CP? I heard somebody from Melbourn did this last year but compare to the people who filed 485 here, it seems no much time was saved. Any updated information about this? Thanks.

seaplus625

The CP process is a much shorter on compared to AOS through I-485. I-485 can take up to 2 years. CP is no more than 3 months for those going through Sydney consulate. I read on Matesupover.com that a person mailed packet 3 to Sydney in the first week of March and he got a reply from Sydney consulate in 2 weeks fixing interview for May. From the experiences of CP interviewees, it looks like Sydney consulate is very efficient. No doubt they don\'t have as many interviews as other consulates (eg., Chennai) so it is not a rushed affair. The only negative comment I have heard is that there are no bathrooms in the consulate so it could be a problem if kids are with you. PCC for Australia is also simple and is a 3 week affair.

CP from sydney

I am also doing CP from sydney. My I140 is still not through. Lets keep this thread alive. Becuase there are only a few people going through Sydney for cp, we need to network and keep each other informed. If anyone has interview experince in Sydney, let\'s hear it.

welcome sk100

I started trawling for information on the CP board as soon as I applied for I-140! So, I would say you are on time. An information which is important for Sydney CPers is that w.e.f 5/1 new procedures come in for CP process. Packet 3 will not be sent directly to Sydney but will be routed through St. Louis and NVC, just as it is for Indian consulates. More details at:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2002_register&docid=02-8337-filed

sk100 and other Sydney CPers

Looking at the London thread at the top for a few days in a row, I thought I\'d check if there are any aussies going for CP to Sydney. I am sending in my P3 to Sydney next week(having held it for a few weeks to delay my interview). If there are people planning on a Sydney CP, let us get this thread going again! Even if you are at the I-140 stage it does not matter, because there are things you need to do for CP well before you arrive at that stage, such as the Australian PCC etc.

sk100

Hi,
How are things with your I-140. A fellow CPer (NRI) went to Sydney yesterday for his interview. He was having problems getting replies from the consulate. It seems they did not respond to his e-mail or fax messages. Unlike other US consulates such as Mumbai they don\'t post any interview information on the web sites either. I am still awaiting my interview date.