Switch AOS to CR


New Member
My US Citizen wife and I are currently going through adjustment of status, however, we have now seen how long it takes to get permission to work/live, and I cannot be out of work for such a long period of time as it will damage my work certification and future employability. As such, we wish to transfer our I-130 from AOS to Consular Processing/CR1 so I can work. In hindsight, this was my mistake.

Is this something we can do and how please? Are there any implications? Is it just a case of withdrawing our I-485, leaving the country, and asking for USCIS to switch our I-130 to Consular Processing?