Suspended Green Card Application

Goodfella1

Registered Users (C)
Hello. I am a US citizen but my wife is not. We were married in August 2002. In April 2003 we had to suspend her immigration paperwork (to become a US citizen) and we had to return to her native country. I wrote a letter to INS and asked them to suspend her paperwork. I sent the letter by certified mail and still have the receipt. We have now lived outside the USA for over a year. My question, will my wife have trouble re-entering the USA and will she have to wait a certain period of time before she can begin her US citizenship paperwork. I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi unitednations,
I have a similar problem maybe not exactly like that. I was married to an american for over 2 years now. My problem is i was married before to another american citizen for over ten years but ex-husband didn't filed the papers until 2000. Until now i don't have GC or permanent residence. We were divorce in 2003. Papers never finished. (Reason: ex-husband to violent and very control of me. Didn't want me to be in this country). So, my question is how am I going to do refile with the new husband or lawyers are expensive. Help. I have a french passport (i'm not a french).
My new husband & I don't know what to do.

there are GCs for battered women that you could have used. Maybe best to get in touch with a domestic violence unit and explain what happened..It may be too late as you have already left your husband. Someone I know has just got a GC..within 8-9 months of coming to the US..because of domestic violence. A women's group may be able to help.