surname given name mixup. pls help

imhari

surname given name mixup. pls help

Dear Sir/Ma'am ,
Please need urgent advice as iam really scared and confused. My Indian passport had given name and surname gor interchanged. It had my name( given name) in surname's place and my dad's name(surname) as my name- given name. So my Green card also became like that. As my passport was about to be renewed I asked about this confusion to as many people and every one said just keep it like that till you bacme US citizen-which is another 2 1/2 years away.

So when I went to Indian consulate NY, I gave the passport application as it wrongly entered in my passport thinking that keeping it( though wrong) will keep GC and passport names match exactly. Thy asked why it is so and I explained to them that old passport name is like this and GC also like that and asked whether they can give me the given name and surname as it appears in the passportI I know its wrong, I was looking for a quick fix) . The lady in trhe counter looked bit confused and said " OK" and I got my Indian passport renewed exactly like the old one( again the give name surname wrong as the old one). Though it look OK, I know its wrong and it makes me so scared and sad thinking I made mistake. I am scared will they revoke or impound my passport when i am going to India on vaccation soon, saying i committed fraud?? will they prosecute me ?Can I do anything before its late? I am scared to go back to CG NY fearing they will revoke it hearing it .Please advice me. I am so worried.

You are most welcome if you any one write me at gpharie@yahoo.com

your kind advice is highly appreciated
Thanking you
yours truely

Hari :confused:
NJ