Suprise - Approval within 3 weeks

Tamas.s

Registered Users (C)
Receipt date is 02/15/05, approval date is 03/08/05.
Regular processing, second extension with same employer. Vow, the USCIS never been so fast before :))))))))
And the fee was only $185....

Why are you confused?
$185 is the application fee. Since March 6th you have to pay an additional $500. I sent mine before that date.
I was not subject to the $1000 additional fee too simply because it was my second renewal with the same employer.

Is it the same case for all the H1 visa extensions with the same company.
I am also planning to apply for my visa extn . with the same company.
my lawyer told it will take 5- 6 months.

Thanks,
Nimesh

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my H1 renewal with the same company for 3 more years. My vsia expires in Oct 05. is it normal like you got your approval notice in 3 weeks? my lawyer told me it will take 5-6 months to get the approval notice. Approx how much time does it take to get an approval notice for extension?

Thanks,

It can vary from 3 weeks to 5-6 months.
But it really does not matter as long as you are planning to stay within the US. You will receive a receipt notice from USCIS within 2 weeks after you filed your extension with them. This notice allows you to maintain your status until you receive your approval. Tamas

It took 3 weeks for mine too. TSC is faster for renewal's eventhough the dates show otherwise on websites.

mnimesh1 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my H1 renewal with the same company for 3 more years. My vsia expires in Oct 05. is it normal like you got your approval notice in 3 weeks? my lawyer told me it will take 5-6 months to get the approval notice. Approx how much time does it take to get an approval notice for extension?

Thanks,