Supporting Parents' visitor visa application

zolcat

Registered Users (C)
My parents got a multiple entry visitor visa in 2000, and it has since expired. One of them visited in 2001, and the other in 2001 and 2004. They both returned before the date printed on the I-94, so always stayed in status.

They would like to visit again for a few months this year, and would like to apply for a 10 year multiple entry visa. They intend to spend some time with us and their grandkids, and maybe travel around a bit. However, they are now in their mid- and late-sixties, retired, and don't have the same financial resources as 12 years ago. Given that the B-visas are self-sponsored, is there anything that I can provide from here in the US that would put their application on a stronger footing?

My parents got a multiple entry visitor visa in 2000, and it has since expired. One of them visited in 2001, and the other in 2001 and 2004. They both returned before the date printed on the I-94, so always stayed in status.

They would like to visit again for a few months this year, and would like to apply for a 10 year multiple entry visa. They intend to spend some time with us and their grandkids, and maybe travel around a bit. However, they are now in their mid- and late-sixties, retired, and don't have the same financial resources as 12 years ago. Given that the B-visas are self-sponsored, is there anything that I can provide from here in the US that would put their application on a stronger footing?

If you are a naturalized citizen or in-process, you could be a hindrance rather than a help.

That said, retired people (especially with pensions) make great tourists. Their history of NOT OVERSTAYING works in their favor. As a U.S.-based relative, your best position is simply offering a place to stay and companionship while sightseeing.

You will most likely hurt their case if you speak. Stay silent and let them try their luck out.

Given that the B-visas are self-sponsored, is there anything that I can provide from here in the US that would put their application on a stronger footing?

If you are a naturalized citizen or in-process, you could be a hindrance rather than a help.

That said, retired people (especially with pensions) make great tourists. Their history of NOT OVERSTAYING works in their favor. As a U.S.-based relative, your best position is simply offering a place to stay and companionship while sightseeing.

so does that mean that if we sponsor them would create a negative impression on consulate. I am asking this since I have somewhat similar situation and I am planning to sponsor my parents. They are retired in upper 60's and have "no intent to migrate here" even if I sponsor their GC. They would like to come here during summer spend some time with us and leave before i-94 date.

so does that mean that if we sponsor them would create a negative impression on consulate. I am asking this since I have somewhat similar situation and I am planning to sponsor my parents. They are retired in upper 60's and have "no intent to migrate here" even if I sponsor their GC. They would like to come here during summer spend some time with us and leave before i-94 date.

Tourist visas have NO SPONSORS.

Applicants apply on their own and either qualify or not, on their own.

See INA 101(a)(15(B) and INA 214(b). www.uscis.gov on laws tab Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).