Supporting Documents for EAD(L2 Visa)

achu3082

Hi,
I am a L2 visa holder and I applied for the EAD[I-765] online last week(Applying for the first time). I got the Confirmation Receipt online and through the ordinary mail too.
Now I want to send the supporting documents and the print out of the confirmation receipt. I need to know what all are the supporting documents I have to send along with the confirmation receipt print out.:confused:

Please let me know what all are the supporting documents I have to send, and within how many days I have to send it…

Looking forward your responses….

Thanks in Advance….

Documents for EAD ?

Hi,

I too have same Query, can any one please reply to this post on documents that need to be sent after getting receipt for online filing EAD
Documents required is not clear in the form 765.I have just sent I94 but nt sure if this alone is sufficient to process EAD.

Also can any one give approximate time it takes to get EAD after Biometrics done.

Hi,

I got my EAD Approval (card yet to come though)

Date Applied : July 9th
Biometrics : Aug 15th
Card in production as indicated in uscis online status(which means Approved) : Sept 5th

Over all it took 7 weeks for approval, but may be it takes another 2 weeks max;m to get the card..

Documents I sent : My I-94,Spouse I-94,My Visa stamping pages from passport.

This is for applications in Texas.

Hope this Helps.

_Basav_

Basav,
thank u very much for the information..... they had send me a RFE(request for evidence)it seems.i can send the documents once i get it.anyway thanks for ur information, and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I got my EAD Approval (card yet to come though)

Date Applied : July 9th
Biometrics : Aug 15th
Card in production as indicated in uscis online status(which means Approved) : Sept 5th

Over all it took 7 weeks for approval, but may be it takes another 2 weeks max;m to get the card..

Documents I sent : My I-94,Spouse I-94,My Visa stamping pages from passport.

This is for applications in Texas.

Hope this Helps.

_Basav_

Hi Basav

I've recently e filed for EAD as L2
First thing I'd like to know is when to send in the supporting documents?
After the biometrics are done or immediately after efiling for EAD.
Thanks in advance.

Hi seadr,

Well, yah, nowhere have they mentioned clearly, what exactly is the process for EAD and what needs to be done when or what docs they want.

After I applied online for the EAD, I sent all the documents on my own(my, hub's I94, our passport/visa copies and also the marriage certificate copy). However that was not necessary.
In a couple of weeks, I got a mail in my letterbox with an appointment date for the Biometrics.
After the biometrics were taken, around 2-3 weeks later I got another letter from them asking for my hub's I-94 and visa stamp photocopy.
So keep waiting for their letters/instructions and also keep checking your case status online .
In all it took almost 2 months for me get my EAD card in hand(the Nebraska center)...All the best for ur EAD!!