Summary Retail Theft (PA) affect on obtaining Visa

Yolanda

In June 01 I was charged with Misdemeanor Retail Theft but it was bargain down to Summary Retail Theft. I had to pay a fine, no jail time. In PA, that is equivalent to a Summary Disorderly conduct, as my lawyer says... it's like getting a speeding ticket.

I recently received my H1B approval and am not in Ecuador attempting to obtain my visa to return to the US to work (My H1B is effective Oct 1st 05).

The US Embassy over here has requested my fingerprint to be sent in to the FBI so they can obtain more information about the incident.

What are my chances of having the visa denied and what are my chances of getting mny visa.

Do I need to get an immigration lawyer? How can an immigration lawyer help me at this point in my situation? Is there anyway I can contact the FBI to see how the fingerprint checks are going?

Thanks so much, any help is highly appreciated.

Hi can anyone help with similar situation. My friend exp at mumbai consulate on 1 Feb...

Drop box : received 221 g for in person interview

Went to interview :

Vo officer: were you arrested before ?
Friend ; yes
Vo : charge
Friend : retail theft but reduced to disorderly conduct
Vo : documents
Friend : gave court papers
1. Court case close
2. Expungenent order
3. State police confirmation of Expungenent
4. Police report

Vo : took copy of all docs
Vo : asked for police affidivate
Friend; gave certificate police report

Vo ; gave 221g again with admjn processing and passport

Vo ; told it may 2 days to 2 weeks for processing

Friend is very tense ...please advice what will happened ?

No one here knows precisely what will happen. “Friend” just needs to patiently wait and see.

In June 01 I was charged with Misdemeanor Retail Theft but it was bargain down to Summary Retail Theft. I had to pay a fine, no jail time. In PA, that is equivalent to a Summary Disorderly conduct, as my lawyer says... it's like getting a speeding ticket.

I recently received my H1B approval and am not in Ecuador attempting to obtain my visa to return to the US to work (My H1B is effective Oct 1st 05).

The US Embassy over here has requested my fingerprint to be sent in to the FBI so they can obtain more information about the incident.

What are my chances of having the visa denied and what are my chances of getting mny visa.

Do I need to get an immigration lawyer? How can an immigration lawyer help me at this point in my situation? Is there anyway I can contact the FBI to see how the fingerprint checks are going?

Thanks so much, any help is highly appreciated.
Hi any updates about your case will help people if you respond.