sucessful H1b/H-4 revalidation at Montreal, Canada

raj26091972

Registered Users (C)
Background:

My case H1-B stamping for 9th year extension
Always on H1b visa, had all the previous visa stamps from Mumbai/ New Delhi , India , never been out of status, Education in India only never applied in Canada before.

My Wife also got her H-4 stamping done at Montreal successfully she too had all the pervious years stamping from new Delhi India.

We both had each one year extension stamps in our passport before we applied in Canada.

our child 4 years old who is a us citizen was also allowed without any issues inside the us consulate montreal.

Date of Appointment June 19 2007.

Document asked

1. Passport, application forms, 200 dollars fee

This was at window no 13 on the 19 th floor

2. Then called again on window 16 to submit H1-b related documents, approval notice, letter from employer, pay stubs ( gave 5 most recent) and marriage certificate.

3. Then finally called again on window 19 for the finger printing no questions asked except is our child a us citizen. The lady VO said it is good that u are working for the same employer for the past 5 years and asked if they have filled for the green card etc...I said....yes

Return to USA

returned back to usa by road and at border crossing they give new I-94 charged 6 dollars each and did finger printing again...but did not checked my car etc…did not asked me to fill in the custom from or I-94 form also as they gave a pre printed I-94 …..for both of us.

while going to Canada also the Canadian immigration officer did not checked the car but asked why are we going etc .....he gave us a 6 months of stay in Canada even though we stayed in Montréal for just 3 days....

we stayed just 3 blocks away from us consulate in downtown at Travelodge....10 min easy walk.....

Good luck to others....even though Montreal us consulate plans to stop giving visa to applicants from USA ( as per the web site....after July 9 th 2007) we are lucky.....

Hi , Thanks for info,

I am planning to go to montreal for H1 extension. Right now I am in BOSTON area. This is the nearest consulate to me. Did they stopped giving visas for USA applicants ?