Sucesful CP at Mumbai - March 12 2003

gpiyush

Registered Users (C)
Medical @ Hinduja
Friends,

Medical at Hinduja was very smooth. Staff is very courteous and they aslo offer you breakfast once your blood + Xray is done. They did not ask me whether I had ate anything before going there and during appointment they told me that I can have breakfast in the morning before we go there.

Here is how it went...

Reached at Hinduja at 6:45 AM. Nobody was there in line. I was the first one and ONLY employment case.

Paid fees at Counter 4 in cash Rs. 1700/person.

Takew the receipts and go to third floor and wait in TV room. Statred watching replays of World Cup[ matches.

Called us in for checking basic stuff - height, weight, I also gave them vaccination docs. No vaccination required for me and my wife as we already had records for MMR. (measle, mumos and Rubella). Aslo gave them 2 passport size pictures and asked us to sign in tha back. Good idea to also write your name and case number in back so in case it is detached, they can find proper forms for it.

Again went back to TV Room. Callled us for Blood test and drawn blood. Very good technician as no one in US can find my wife's vain in first try and he did a great job at it. Nurses were very smart and courteous.

Again wait in TV room and then they took ALL for X-ray. We had to wait a lot at X-ray as patients have higher priority butr in 30-45 minutes they covered all 30+ people.

Took us for breakfast and then free for next 3 hours as everything was over by 10:30.

Call us back @ 1:30 PM. Sit. sit and just sit as doctor's were little occupied. Called us in around 2:30 PM. Dr. Dastur asked us basic questions like ever had TB, age etc.. Asked us to sign one of the midical form and verified signature with passport. Doesn't matter if it differs as he just has to see that you are correct person.

Gave us reports in 15 minutes after that and we were all set.

CP:

Went to Consualte at 9 AM as appointment was at 9:30 PM. Do not stand in line and go straight to Guard. They will ask for your passports and original aponintment letter. Walk to Security gate.. make sure that you do not have any Electronics item with you and wife doesn't carry any kind of bag. avoind large purses.

Since my case was OLD stream, I walked to the cashier and paid her fees. Asked us to wait in front of counter 10.

Sat there.. sat there.. sat there .. till 11:30 AM. They called us at Window 1 and collected all the docs..

Passport
Birth Cert.. - Copy - English
PCC - Houston Consulate
Employment Letter - Orig - Notarized
DS 230 - Part 1 and 2
Copy of marriage Cert
Medical reports - Not the X-ray..
I-134 for Wife
Photographs - "My Own Studio" - Rs. 100/- for 4 pics - Next day service

Asked us to sign on one picture and took 2 more - I think for the package.

Asked us to wait again..
Called us back to 1:30 PM. Amerrican Lady asked me few questionslike - How long I have been with company, What position, what is my qualification ..

Asked us to raise our right hand and took oath. Told us that everything is in place and then cancelled our H1/H4. Told us to collect docs at 3:30 PM.

Came to consulate at 4PM. Started giving out packets for IV around 4:30PM. Do not be too later as they close window at 5PM.

Check all info on Transit Visa doc attached outside of sealed envelope. Also told us to carry X-ray with us at POE.

Flying back on Delta @ Atlanta on 3/20/03. Will let you know if something special comes back.

If you are coming to Mumbai for CP. breath easy as it's just a breeze...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

Congrats gpiyush,
keep us posted on the Atlanta POE experience,

Did you pay the fees in Indian Rs. or in US Dollars?
thanks
KYCP

POE @ Atlanta

Friends,

Just flew in today from India.

Port of Exit - Mumbai:

Just a routine departure. Only difference is you have to show your visa packet (issued by Consulate). The Immigration officer asked me few simple questions about me like how long I have been in US, who was my petitioner, it is my relative sponsoring the petiotion...

Keep your visa packet out as you will have to show it at every port, boarding and checking in.

Even though guys at Consulate told me to carry X-ray with me, at Atlanta, officer clearly mentioned that they do not take/accept X-ray for immigration cases. But I will tell my wife to carry it anyhow but not be concerned about it...

POE - Atlanta -

Was sent to normal visitor line. Lady at the counter entered some info from "TOP" letter and then sent me to secondary INS room. Put my folder in line and waited for 45-50 minutes (15 or so people in front of me). Officer looked at all the docs, asked me to sign on 2 forms and took fingerprint from index finger only on same 2 docs.

Asked me to wait and 10 minutes later, returned me my passport stamped with temp LPR with 1 year validity. Also explained to me that I can travel outside US and can get entry back within 12-months on the basis of the stamp.

That's it and then rushed (literelly) to my Dallas flight.

So much tired now but hopefully it should be good feeling tomorrow morning!!!!!!!

Welcome Back

gpiyush,
Congrats and Wecome back,
I am sure you will need some rest, keep us posted on when you get the Card,
KYCP

Congrats..

gpiyush,

Congartulations on your accomplishment. Enjoy the fruits of your hard work now.

Thanks.

Welcome letter

Got "Welcome letter" on March 31st.

Here are my details...

POE @ Atlanta - 3/20/2003
Welcome Letter @ Dallas - 3/31/2003.

I don't know how long it takes for card to come in after "Welcome Letter".?

Any insights....

Question related to Medical at Hinduja

gpiyush,

Congratulations on getting your gc.

We're scheduled for an interview on 10th april and for medicals on 7th april at Hinduja. Did you think the environment at Hinduja was comfortable enough to be able to take an infant and possible a guest (my Mom) with us. any hospital policies related to this that you may be aware of?

thanks for your answer in advance,
Raj.

raj0001,

There is no problem having any relative with you at Hinduja during medical. Actually I had a relative with us while me and my wife were getting medical done. They will have to be in waiting areas.

Since you have an infant with you, it would be actually good idea to have someone who can take care of infant. Hospital is completely air-conditioned. Afternoon session, there may be lot of people on 2nd floor so your mom can actualy wait on 4th floor TV room (TV and Sofa.. for me it was good as I watched world cup match replay there.). Only thing is you will have to to spend lot of time there 7AM - 3:30/4 PM, so be prepared. You will be free in 10:30 - 1:30 time so you can go out in Mumbai. This info may help you to make any special things you may have carry for an infant.

did they ask you anything other than Passport and Visa Envelop at POE?

Please let u sknow.

Thanks in advance.

just passport, visa envelope and "filled out customs form". Customs form will be given to every passanger in plane and needs to be stamped by INS/BCIS officer to go through customs (as routine).

Nothing else is required, no questions asked.. very simple and straighforward.

Good luck to upcoming CPers.

1. On the recent most publication at Mumbai website, they no longer say that one is eligible to apply for Immigrant Visa under AC140 if you have had prior visa stamps from the consulate. Instead, they say that one has to be a resident from the eligible consular districts for that consulate. I am not sure if this is a change in the policy or if this is what they have been saying from the beginning although they accept applications based on just prior stamping.
2. Is it possible to send in all the required documents except 824 receipt and get a prilimnary determination whether or not they accept the case?

My I-140 is approved as on 4/1/03. While filing I-140, I had intimated that I was interested in doing consular processing from Mumbai.

From now on how do I find out when I should expect PAcket3, when NVC will receive it, when NVC will forward to Mumbai consulate, when Mumbai consulate will forward Packet 4 and schedule a consular interview???? At what point do I get some kind of a reference/ case number for the interview coz I understand that the I-140 case number is no longer used for reference purposes?

Is there a web site where i can find these dates and next steps after I-140 approval?

Any information is well appreciated.

Thanks,
Krish

Please post message in appropriate threads!

kdivekar,
If you post too many messages and that too, in inappropriate threads, you are wasting all others' time. At the same time, you senior memebers would not show interest to your queries because they may think that you must have posted the same query in 20 threads and someone might have already answered!!

Please do not mistake me, it is my humble suggestion.
Thanks,
Puliraju

Wife entered in US after succesful CP on April 17th @ Atlanta. Received Welcome letter in Dallas on April 29th.

We entered US saperately after succesful CP at Mumbai.

824 Receipt not required for CP

dev28,

I got my CP done last month from Mumbai using AC140. I had only opted for CP in my I-140 processing documents. Never had 824 receipt. My attorney said they shouldnt need it although I wasnt sure since their website said specifically that 824 receipt was required. But they accepted my case and I completed my gc process successfully. So, I would encourage you to send in the papers without 824 receipt and quite likely, they will create the case. In my case, it took them about 8-9 days after papers were mailed to them and they sent my attorney an email about accepting the case and the case # with that.

hope this helps!
Raj.

Last edited by a moderator:
SSN after CP

FYI: My wife and I had an interview in Mumbai on 10th april. POE at Washington DC on April 20th. Since my wife was on H-4, we had requested for SSN for her and a new card (same ssn) for myself since the previous one said 'work with only INS authorization". We got our SSN cards in mail on 30th april. I was pretty impressed with how fast SSA handled our requests. (requests were made as part of DS-230 part I during CP).

still waiting for welcome letter and the "pink" card...

Raj.

Wife got her PC on 5/1/2003. And she did not have any errors on her card... I think this completes her process.

I am still stuck with I-90 to get corrected card which now a days takes around 10-12 months !!!!!!

GCs

My wife and I got the welcome letters on May 1st and the cards yesterday (May 5th). Interview date was April 10th and POE was April 20th. I must say I am very impressed with BCIS.

gpiyush, hopefully it wont take that long for you to receive the corrected card. BCIS seems to have improved than INS.

-Raj.