Successful Jan 03 CP in Mumbai

Tiny

Registered Users (C)
We just went for our CP today i.e. 03 Jan. for all of you who are wondering about PCC. They did ask us for our PCC and we ran around it for 11 days and got the PCC from the Reg. Passport Office so we submited our PCC when the consular officer asked us and he commented that how come u got it so easily well we ran behind it everyday.

Anyways a family did not have PCC but even they got their GC so guess they are not stressing a lot on the PCC as of now. Everything else was the same as discussed on these forums.

If anyone has any questions feel free to reply to my post.
Thanks
Tiny

PCC from local police station

Tiny,

Congratulations and thank you for posting the information.
Did they at all ask you for PCC from local police station?

Thanks,
Chimnee

Congrats !!!!

Thanks a lot for putting light on PCC issue... Any details we \'ll like to know.. like questions asked etc.

Congrats, Tiny. And I\'m kinda right since I\'ve been stressing all along that they will be lenient

since this whole PCC thing is in its infancy.

Tiny, first off congrats

Couple of questions
a) Is yours an EB based CP and are you residing in US ? Or to be more specific, does RPO give PCC to non residents and did the consulate accept this PCC (without a local police station one) ?
b) If Chennai is not insisting on PCC, may I ask why you ran around to get it, I mean, was it at your discretion or did they ask you to get it specifically ?

Thanks in advance

congrats tiny

I hope they show the same liniency with me ...in early Feb.
I m not sure if I ll get my PCC by then,

good news

Congratz tiny.
My parents have managed to get the PCC from the local police station but they are apparently finding it tough to get one from the passport office.
Have you heard whether the PCC from the local police station was accepted at all without the passport PCC ?

ramalama..

how did you get a PCC from local police? any format? can you give more information.

I applied for PCC from RPO and was told that I will get it in 3 days. they kept the original passport till then and will give it back with some sort of stamp/endorsement. I applied using a Misc services form with Rs100 payment.

TIA

Anand

pcc not required for jan

My interview date is Jan 18 for EB3 IV.

I am in India now and talked with the guy at the
enquiry window at Mumbai US consulate (I had to
pick up my appt letter + P4, since I never got
it)

I was told PCC is not required for Jan interviews but
will be required starting Feb.

Anyway, I enquired at RPO office (at Bengal Chemicals
building) - it takes 2 weeks for pre-1997 passports and
4 days for post-1997 and they keep the original passports.
I didnt take the risk of keeping the pp\'s, so am going in
without a PCC for my interview.

I have already applied for PCC at Indian Consulate at
San Francisco on Dec 12 and was told I can get PCC by
12 Jan. And have a letter from them saying my PCC is being
processed - so if required I can fedex my pp\'s to SF con
and get my PCC after my interview or apply at local RPO and
get it in 2-3 weeks - keeping fingers crossed that I dont
need to do that.

I got my photo\'s taken at My Own Studio today and will
pick them on 9th and also have my medicals at Lilavati on
9th.

bye

No Title

Anand,
My father-in-law knew somebody high-up in the police dept, and got the work done. I think he just presented the passport photocopy and the police dept drafted a letter. I haven\'t yet seen the letter, so I wouldn\'t have a clue about the format of the letter.

But, to get the PCC from the passport office, you need to go there in person. I have decided to attend the interview with just the local police PCC, not up for the hassle of making a trip there.

PCC from Passport office

You are lucky you got the PCC from the Local Police Station the RPO will not give u a PCC without your passport being submitted and in front of us there was a family who did not have PCC but they still got their GC so I guess they are not enforcing it very forcefully.
Sorry for the delay in answering and hope this helps.