Successful CP at mumbai on 1/23/02

ud

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My CP procedure at mumbai consulate went smoothly. This site and the immihelp.com has been extremely useful! Thanks guys! I will be available to answer your questions if any.
Good luck!
ud

Police certificate

Hi,
 I got my I-140 approved just now...will be going for CP in Mumbai. Can you tell me if we need to have PCC for this? Which are other miscellenous documents I should have? Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Bhaskar...

Some questions

Hey UD,
Congrats!I am going for CP just got my 140 approved in Jan in EB3.How long did it take for you to complete from the time your 140 got approved.Thanks!

PCC

Hi Bhaskar,
From what I understand, the PCC will be required for CPers from Feb onwards. I had a PCC from the local Indian Embassy but they did not ask me for that.

The documents they asked me were:
DS230
Birth Certificate
Employment letter
Medical records
IRS9003
Immigration style pictures

I would recommend you to follow the previous postings on this forum and carry all the documents suggested by the successful CPers in the past (that\'s what I did)

Good luck!

ud

Mine was AC140

So, I bypassed the NVC. It took me 5 months after the I140 approval.

Hi Ud

Congratulations!
 Did you wait for I824 to be approved or did you send packet 3 with I824 receipt. If yes, then how long did it take to receive receipt.I am also trying to apply AC-140 but am still waiting for receipt to arrive - it has been over 3 weeks now and my lawyer says that nothing has arrived. Also, how long did it take to get interview date.
Thanks

time-line

I mailed the P3 alongwith the I824 receipt (did not wait for approval).
It took 4-5 weeks for us to receive the receipt after mailing the 824 papers.
My interview was scheduled approx 3 months after my P3 was mailed to the consulate. Hope that helps.
good luck.

thanks a lot ud

So I guess I shouldn\'t start panicking as yet. A lot of people on this board said that they received receipt in 1-2 weeks and interview in 2 months after sending P3. But I guess it varies.

hi ud

could you tell me if there is a specific pattern about when interviews are scheduled. I am getting ready to send out packet 3 and was wondering if I should rush to send it out so that it reaches before the 15th of the month (feb15). If I do - then can I expect a april interview?? I am trying to avoid a interview between May 15 and June 15. When do you think I should send P3/
thanks a lot

Yes, if you have your papers ready, then send it soon

If your papers reach before Feb 15th, you most probably will be scheduled in the second half of April.

You can postpone easily

But from what I understand, the next date you get will be after 2 months.

PCC from other places

Hi ud,
Thanks for your reply...
I understood that PCC is a must. I am living in US now; so will carry it from a local consulate. But while in India I stayed in number of places like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore etc. I have stayed in each of these places for more than 6 months. So do I need to get PCC from each of these places? The rules regarding this are really unclear/confusing.

Let me know about it if anybody knows.

Thanks,
Bhaskar...

Hi bhasker,
I am planning on applying for 824 and going the ac 140 route. can you please give me your contact number nad share your experienes. thanks