Successful CP at Chennai

hi
no a sworn affadavit ins NOT enough.
if your birth was not registered ,You do need a certificate from the town or village that you were born called NON AVAILABILITY OF BIRTH RECORD. this is an official document issued by that town muncipality or village panchayat signed by the tahsildar. it has to be from the place listed on your passport as birth place. this takes about 2-3 days ... even faster if you know someone.i am afraid that you have to get someone to go there and get it done. there is a sevice provided caleed yourmaninindia.com where they do this for a fee but it takes some time so please get on it quickly.

if your birth was registered then you need to get a BIRTH CERTIFICATE from the town or village that you were born. if this is missing details like name etc you can get secondary evidence like sworn affadavits from your parents, 10th certificate etc.

hope this answers your questions and best of luck
gr

Last edited by a moderator:
grao123 and others, thank you.

I have a question about my birth certificate (a slightly complex case)

Here is my situation:

I was born in Aug. But my parents changed my birth date to the same date in July via an affidavit prepared by my (late) father when they admitted me the very first time to school. They did this because I was losing a whole schooling year with July 31st being the cut-off date. All my official papers now have the date of birth as July.

For GC purposes, my mother has sent me a sworn affidavit stating my birth and place of birth, father and mother's name on it. But I need more documents to substantiate this affidavit. What should I do now?

My mother currently has the original birth certificate with my August birth date on it. But since the dates on my passport and other documents do not agree with the Aug date on the birth certificate, I cannot use it!

1. Should I get a non-availability certificate? Can I even get this because technically my birth certificate is available? How easy or difficult is it to get? If I do get the non-availability, would the consulate question me saying I was born after 1969 and my parents are supposed to have registered my birth as per law? Can the consulate actually find out that I indeed have a BC?

OR

2. Should I get a new birth certificate, but with a July date from the Registrar's office in Pune? Does anybody have an idea as to how they give these certificate? If they give it on the basis of existing documents - passport, school certificates then I should be fine.

Please advise.

Thank you for your attention.

hi
you really are in a spot
if you have already been issued a birth certificate fom your place of birth , they will not issue a non availability certificate for you (but give it a shot)
to get your birthdate officially changed you have to go thru the court system which will take a couple of months at least.
please consult a lawyer in india on how to go about this

best of luck

grao123,

My BC situation is getting more and more complex. We are finding it difficult to get the BC with a different date, so were thinking of trying for the non-availability certificate.

Did you have to provide a non-availability certificate in your case? If you did, then were you born before 1969 or after?

The reason I am asking is, I was born in 1973 and I want to make sure that if I do get a non-availability certificate, the consulate will accept it. Since I believe the indian govt passed a law that after 1969 it is mandatory to register all births. Please confirm.

Thanks,
ansa

hi
yes , i was born before 1969 and my birth was not registered so non availability certificate was issued
and yes, it was a requirement at the consulate interview.
hope this helps

ansa said:
grao123,

My BC situation is getting more and more complex. We are finding it difficult to get the BC with a different date, so were thinking of trying for the non-availability certificate.

Did you have to provide a non-availability certificate in your case? If you did, then were you born before 1969 or after?

The reason I am asking is, I was born in 1973 and I want to make sure that if I do get a non-availability certificate, the consulate will accept it. Since I believe the indian govt passed a law that after 1969 it is mandatory to register all births. Please confirm.

Thanks,
ansa

Such things are common.
Simply get a letter stating on the date of your birth there is no registration. Obviously there will not be any registration on that date. Just forget about original date of birth.

tammy2 said:
Such things are common.
Simply get a letter stating on the date of your birth there is no registration. Obviously there will not be any registration on that date. Just forget about original date of birth.
Provide an affidavit from your parents that you were born at home and your birth was not registered.

Also, you can get your birth registered and get a bc this way if necessary. That is in case you are unable to get the letter as specified by Tammy.

Bc

Hi,

I obtained Birth Certificate from Muncipality. But the Birth certificate says issued date as 22-MAY-04 as birth Certificate was not issued when I was born. all info is accurate. I also have affidavits from my Parents.

Will this certificate work? or do I need to get Non availability certificate?

Ansa, whether they asked for one person or not, but technically it is required.

The registrar is supposed to give a Non availability certificate, as the Birth date is not registered. Based on that, you will be getting an affidavit from your parents (or close relatives). But in your case, it has been recorded incorrectly (per your records). You can show your certificates at registrar offcie and aske them to give a non availability certificate.

The Affidavit is neccessary in cases when, there is no certificate is available or there is no clear information, such as both parents name (generally Mothers name won't be there, and which is important)...

Jambalakidi, I think you're fine. Just make sure the affidavit is according to the format mentioned on us immigration site.

jambalakadi1 said:
Hi,

I obtained Birth Certificate from Muncipality. But the Birth certificate says issued date as 22-MAY-04 as birth Certificate was not issued when I was born. all info is accurate. I also have affidavits from my Parents.

Will this certificate work? or do I need to get Non availability certificate?

If your BC has your full name, your parents full name, place and date of birth all same as in passport then you are all set. No matter when it was issued. Also do not need any other affidavits. (you may carry them if you already have it).

Hi Peter_guest5450,

How many days lag-time do I need to allow between medicals and interview date. My interview is scheduled for 13th April, 2006. If you can give me your contact number I would like to talk to you before I leave for Chennai.

Thanks!!

rkrishna22 said:
Hi Peter_guest5450,

How many days lag-time do I need to allow between medicals and interview date. My interview is scheduled for 13th April, 2006. If you can give me your contact number I would like to talk to you before I leave for Chennai.

Thanks!!
Hi there,
Its been a while since I visited the forums here. The results of the medical tests are provided to you the same day if you report to lister labs before 1030 AM, else the next day. Make sure you set up an appointment with the designated physician for the physical exam the very next day. They usually provide the results of the physical exam right afrer the clinic visit. I would allow atleast a good 4-5 days between the medicals and the interview to give you sufficient time for unforseen events such as paper work etc. Send me an email at kjshank@hotmail.com and I'll give you my contact number. Good luck with chennai......the interview usually lasts no more than 5 mins!

Hello

This post is a query regarding birth not being registered

My birth was not registrered and I have to get affidavits and Non-Availability or No Records letter from Municipalituy.

I want to know whether
1. The affidavits need to be executed in city of BIRTH (Udupi, Karnataka) or I can execute it in current city of residence (Bangalore, Karnataka)?

2. Should the affidavits be executed in front of a first class magistrate as mentioned on the consular website or a notary stamp is enough ?

3. My DOB is 12-Apr-1976 - Should I get a court order to get my birth officially registered OR the NABC + 10th Certificate + Affidavit is enough. I am asking this question because I think there is a Govt order that all births have to be registered after 1970.

Please let me know if there were any other issues while submitting these type of docs at the consulate.

Thanks for your help - it will be greatly appreciated.
Abdul

CP - Chennai.. NVC forwarded to Chennai on June 5th 2007

Hi.

I have submitted my DS230 Part 1 forms to NVC and last I heard was that NVC forwarded the case to Chennai consulate on June 5th 2007.

Any one here in this forum with prior experience please shed some light by giving some information on
1. How long will it take for US Consulate in Chennai to schedule appointment for me from the time NVC transferred the case.
2. What are all the next steps and what are all the documents I need to keep ready after submitting the DS 230 Part 1 forms.

Response to this would greatly appreciated.

Packet 4 & Interview letter.

Hi Gurus,
Where will packet 4 & interview letter will be sent by Embassy?
In DS 230 I-part ,there is no local address was given?
Please advise.
thanks.
manishraj

Hi Gurus,
Please advise.
thanks.
manishraj

I had to leave for the interview before getting P4 in the mail. Mumbai consulate is very good with email communication. I was notified by email about my interview.

Send someone to consulate ( in India) information windows and they can collect copy of Packet 4 by telling you name and NVC case number. Copy is also valid, which will have interview letter, DS forms and medical related info. You don't need to wait to receive P4 in US and it will go to your attorney if you have one. Most of the time it never reach there. Duplicate is good to go for interview.

And YES you can either get PCC from SFO and from regional passport office in India, both are valid and acceptable.

Hope that helps.

-vmn

Hi Gurus,
Please advise.
thanks.
manishraj

Hope you have checked the Interview Sch of Chennai of July. If you are not there, you shd be in the Aug schedule. Start collecting your papers NOW. Chennai has tremendous capacity to process these. They have scheduled a whopping 380 applicants for July, up from 10-12 of May to 70-80 of June to this huge number! DO NOT DELAY or postpone interview. BEST OF LUCK!

H

Hi.

I have submitted my DS230 Part 1 forms to NVC and last I heard was that NVC forwarded the case to Chennai consulate on June 5th 2007.

Any one here in this forum with prior experience please shed some light by giving some information on
1. How long will it take for US Consulate in Chennai to schedule appointment for me from the time NVC transferred the case.
2. What are all the next steps and what are all the documents I need to keep ready after submitting the DS 230 Part 1 forms.

Response to this would greatly appreciated.