Stupid Ref, can anyone help?

guigui

Registered Users (C)
I got ref on Api. 10. It ask for employment stuff and ...
It is OK, But they ask:

YOu may demonstrate physical presence by submitting a photocopy ...
document to demonstrate your physical presence in the US on DEc. 21,
2000?

that day is not special at all,
do anyone has similar experience?
I will be sincerely appreciate if someone can give me a hint why they
ask that?

(EB1, RD May 2001)

Thanks in ahead.

RFE

Hi Guigui,

My wife got the same RFE. Dec 21, 2000 is the date that INS passed the amendment to 245 (i). This law is basically for people who have been out of status for any reason. They can convert back to legal status by paying $1,000 and showing that they were physically in the US on Dec. 21 2000. If you have any documentation that shows that you were in the US during that time you should be ok. Any credit card bills during that time, rental slips, etc. I would talk to a lawyer too. If you were not out of status then I am not sure why they would asking for this information. Good Luck and keep me updated with your RFE.

Chugalug

hi,Chugalug

Thanks a lot for your answer.
In my ref, they also say:
if u are a dependent.... or laber certification filed after Jan. 14,
1998 , you don\'t need to ..

Do your wife\'s ref have similar stuff?
Is that mean we do not need to prove it?

I will talk to my lawer too, pls keep update.
Good luck to all of US.

Guigui

Guiguui

RFE

Hi Guigui,

I have not seen my RFE\'s as yet. My lawyer has it and she is reading up on it. I just checked some websites and if you send me your e-mail address I can send you a copy of the law and the amendments. Jan 14, 1998 was the day that the original law was repealed and they had extened this law till April 30, 2001. If your I140 was filed before that date you should eligible for the benefits of this law

Chuglag