studying in the usa?

Roseanne

I am a french citizen and i wanted to know what are the options and procedures for studying a second degree in the USA.

Also, i heard that US colleges cost an awful amount of money... how does this apply to non-Americans?

first of all, you have to take TOEFL and SAT. then wait for your scores to be released. then look for university which your scores fit. and then look for university requirements. apply to it. and request for scholarship. if you fit their pattern, ull get it. gl!

yes, they cost arms and legs and for an international student expect to pay twice the cost of an American students in tuitiion.
And by the way most schools offer very little or no schollarship to international students. You might more luck with scholarship oportunities in England.
Good luck.

i would like to study in USA major in Jewery Design. is there anyone who knows which schools have this major? which school is the best ?

Roseanne, if you are getting a second degree and worry about cost, you might qualify for a Graduate Assistant position under most majors (especially science). GA can be further split into Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant.

If you want to get another bachelor degree, then assistant, loans and grants are mostly unavailable. So your best bet is to look into a Master program. Also, check out fastweb.com for more private scholarships. Good luck.

I am a Canadian University student, I applied for a University here in Florida, being an out of state Student it was going to be 25,000 per year.. which is triple what I pay in Canada. so I am living here in Florida

Sorry!.. living here in Florida on a visitors Visa. I am doing University courses online through a Canadian University. It's cheaper and I am able to do it anywhere..

Rachel

At present , in my point of view i dont think its a good idea to go to US for another degree.It depends completely on what purpose you are going there ?

is it only for masters degree or something else ?

Although studying in the US may be very expensive, a college degree is also a very good investment. The universities provide excellent training and the degrees are recognized and certified almost anywhere in the world.

My friend got his degree on one of the universities in the USA, and he was able to land a job with high pay and impressive benefits. I guess education in the USA really pays off.

US school tuition can be anywhere between $3,000/year and $30,000+/year. And tuition for international students isn't always higher than tuition for US students-- they all pay the same at private schools.

Hi all, Please i will like to know if a usa immigrant through visa lottery can also have an equal benefit as a usa citizen when it comes to tuition fee. I mean are they going to pay less as a citizen or more as a non-citizen.
Please I will be expecting your reply soon.

Thanks ,

Cheers bye.

Hi all, Please i will like to know if a usa immigrant through visa lottery can also have an equal benefit as a usa citizen when it comes to tuition fee. I mean are they going to pay less as a citizen or more as a non-citizen.

Thanks ,

Cheers bye.

Thanks ,

Cheers bye.

It is not about citizen per se; but Instate Vs Out of State. This only applies to State funded institutions like SUNY in New York, Cal State in California, UT system in Texas etc etc. Most out of state residents (Citizens & Perm. residents) become instate after a year; However, international students are not eligible for instate tuition in most states.

Private institutions charge the same tuition from all irrespective.

Yah first of all be prepare for the TOEFL Test & score high in that exam. After that you can take admission in your desired insti. To get more details about the mba admission procedure and getting tips on your chances for admissions to top MBA programs. Get advice on how to approach the upcoming MBA admissions season at gurome.com.

Thanks,
Allvira
---------------

Hi all
What is the score need in GRE and TOEFL in New York state university.My friend want to get admission in this this university.
Can anyone give me perfect guide?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Hey this site is very nice. I would like to study in the U.S. Jewery Design with specialization. Does anyone know how the schools in this school is important? Which is better? :)

I would also like to study a bridging course here in the US.

Does anyone know whether once you have a GC does one qualify as an instate student and I won't have to pay the same huge amount of money as a visitor or would I have to live in the states for 12 months before I qualify to be an instate student?