Strange status msg

ksam

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone. Today I received an e-mail from USCIS with the following update :

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed
to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if
you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*,
please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

I am confused bcos I have not done the pp stamping neither did i receive the approval letter. But I did do the code 3 biometrics on 05/10/2005 (FP). Is it the new procedure that they directly send the card without pp stamping ?

any one has the same experience ? please reply

Thanks

You are a Perminant Resident of USA now.

Congratulations.

You will recieve your GC (plastic card) in mail in few days. Good Luck !!!!

Thanks. But I DID NOT do the passport stamping. All I did recently was FP code 3. Is it normal now a days that they send the card based on the photo and FP they have without pp stamping ? is it how you also go the card ??

You don't need to go for PP stamping unless you are travelling before you get GC in mail. Yeah, this is the new system.

Congrats!! ksam.... Enjoy your freedom!! I think if you do FP code 3 they should directly issue plastic cards... But when my case was approved (with FP code 3) I didn't get this message. My message is a usual and when I got my approval notice, it does say that I must do Infopass appointment... Not sure what could be different but you have been approved....and not required to do infopass for you...

Enjoy again!!

Could you also please post your details...?

ksam said:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if
you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*,

I am confused bcos I have not done the pp stamping neither did i receive the approval letter. But I did do the code 3 biometrics on 05/10/2005 (FP). Is it the new procedure that they directly send the card without pp stamping ?

Thanks

Thanks all for your replies. How long is it taking now a days to get the plastic card ?

Mine is a derivative application where my spouse is the primary. I dont know exact date when the 485 was applied but it was in July 2004. I have EAD and AP (just got the renewals for both which are valid until next year). Primary got the approval in October 2004.

Did the code 3 FP on 04/09/2005 (early) and also on 05/10/2005 (got 2 FP notices for some reason both code 3).

ksam said:

Current Status:

Thanks

i am still confused whether my 485 is approved or it was an erroneous status change msg. These days the card order is not taking more than 2 or 3 days and the status in my case is not changed to card mailed. Did anyone in this forum has the same situation ? Thanks!

Code 3 and PP stamping

ksam,

The code 3 FP notice ensures that a digital picture, digital signature and FP of the index finger is taken along with the usual 10 finger FP during the FP appointment. For people without a code 3 FP appointment, the digital pic, index finger FP and digital signature is not taken during the FP appointment and is captured during the PP stamping. Thus for people with code 1 FP notices, the PP stamping is tied to the issuance of the physical GC.

Since your code 3 FP has already been completed the issuance of the physical GC is not tied to PP stamping.

Hope this clears your confusion.

regards,

saras

saras76, Thanks you so much for the clarification. Do you have any idea how long does it take for them to complete the card order and mail it ?

GC mailing

ksam,

I do not know to many people with code 3 FPs that have been approved. For those that did PP stamping the card generally took 3-4 weeks.

saras

TSC Unbelievable !!!! Today I got like 12 e-mails from USCIS stating that my case has been approved on June 22nd and the approval letter has been mailed ..... I dont know what ever happend to the card order on June 13th ???? very confusing :(

Received the card :) I guess all is well and I did not need to do the passport stamping ... one less headache for us :)