Still waiting for the physical green card

av2001

Registered Users (C)
Our GC was approved in july 2007 at san- antonio TX ; we have not received the card yet. Since then We have been to the consulate twice ( once in oct'07 & again in Jan '08)with infopass.

The immigration officer assured us by telling that we should get the card within 30 days...it is almost close to 30 days now and no sign of GC yet. Has anyone been in this situation before?

thanks
AV

Last edited by a moderator:
wow.. .that sucks... did you get a temporary stamp in your passport!?!? You should definitely get taht if you don't have it!!!!

Thanks for the response, yes our passports have been stampted.
We are planning to contact the senator regarding this issue, has anyone done this before?
I would appreciate any info regarding this.

thanks

yeah i am in the same boat too.

I have been for 10 months !!!!!!!!

I have had my passport stamped multiple times !!!!!!

They keep on telling me they have 1 year to mail them :eek:

Maybe they mailed it to an old address? They are often very sloppy about updating the addresses in their system, even if you have done all the change of address procedures. Did you receive the approval or welcome notice at your home address?

I didnt get any approval notice. They just told me during an infopass appointment that my case had just been approved and status adjusted and they stamped my passport.

Nope they havent mailed GC to any other addresses by mistake. Atleast thats what they tell me.

One excuse they gave me a few months back that they were being overhelmed by applications and they had assigned less guys to work in GC printing department.

Anyways is there a rule that i should get my physical GC in a certain period of time????

gc not received

My wife still did not receive her green card.
It was approved in Dec 10, 2007.
Online status showed card in production and it was changed to welcome notice has been mailed. Since then, nothing is changed.
Welcome notice was received in dec 2007.
We made an infopass, the officer said it has not been updated and she could not stamp her passport. We waited until 3 weeks, but we still did not receive anything. We filed I90, but we have never received receipt letter.
We will try to make another infopass and keep filing I 90 until they respond it.

Same here. Our GC was approved last Jan. 7, 2008 but until now, we have not received our cards yet. I did get our passports stamped after the interview approval at a local USCIS office and was able to travel with it. Just wondering what to do next. Should I file for I-90? I have an infopass appointment two weeks from now. I also opened an SR sometime last week of Feb. but no response yet. No lud either on our online status. Last lud still says "pending at the office it was transferred". Wondering what else can I do?

My wife still did not receive her green card.
It was approved in Dec 10, 2007.
Online status showed card in production and it was changed to welcome notice has been mailed. Since then, nothing is changed.
Welcome notice was received in dec 2007.
We made an infopass, the officer said it has not been updated and she could not stamp her passport. We waited until 3 weeks, but we still did not receive anything. We filed I90, but we have never received receipt letter.
We will try to make another infopass and keep filing I 90 until they respond it.

Did you ever receive the actual welcome notice on the mail? If it is, the system should have already been updated. You can also ask to open an SR (service request) to follow up on it by calling the customer service line.

Did you ever receive the actual welcome notice on the mail? If it is, the system should have already been updated. You can also ask to open an SR (service request) to follow up on it by calling the customer service line.

yes, she received the welcome notice letter. Since then, the system has not been changed to "green card has been mailed". That means they have never sent it. We made an infopass, immigration officer said we would receive something in the mail in 3 weeks, but we didn't. We sent I90 many times, but they never respond it. We do not understand why they have I90 with no fee if they do not want to respond it.
If we file I90 for replacement card and pay the fee, we are sure they will respond it. Actually, this is their mistake. Why do we have to pay them again?

yes, she received the welcome notice letter. Since then, the system has not been changed to "green card has been mailed". That means they have never sent it. We made an infopass, immigration officer said we would receive something in the mail in 3 weeks, but we didn't. We sent I90 many times, but they never respond it. We do not understand why they have I90 with no fee if they do not want to respond it.
If we file I90 for replacement card and pay the fee, we are sure they will respond it. Actually, this is their mistake. Why do we have to pay them again?

Did the letter mention anything about an ADIT processing? This needs to be done before they can produce the card. You can also open a service request by calling customer service.

Did the letter mention anything about an ADIT processing? This needs to be done before they can produce the card. You can also open a service request by calling customer service.

The letter did not mention about ADIT process.
We do not know what's wrong with this card production.
We will make another infopass. Thanks.

I am in the same boat too. I received a letter from USCIS (Vermont) dated 3 Jan 08 telling me that my application to remove conditions (I-751) was approved and I should get my welcome letter and green card within 60 days. Till now, no signs of both. Rang them a few weeks ago and was told to ring back in 45 days if I have not heard anything.

Those who have not received your GC, is Vermont where you sent your applications ?

I am in the same boat too. I received a letter from USCIS (Vermont) dated 3 Jan 08 telling me that my application to remove conditions (I-751) was approved and I should get my welcome letter and green card within 60 days. Till now, no signs of both. Rang them a few weeks ago and was told to ring back in 45 days if I have not heard anything.

Those who have not received your GC, is Vermont where you sent your applications ?

I would call customer service and have them open an SR (service request) for you. This worked for me. 30 days after an SR was initiated, I received my welcome notice and card production ordered e-mails.

I would call customer service and have them open an SR (service request) for you. This worked for me. 30 days after an SR was initiated, I received my welcome notice and card production ordered e-mails.

I made an infopass, the officer told us to wait for more weeks.
She said she could not even give a stamp, because the system would not allow it. After we came back home, we call customer service. Customer service said their system does not have to tell when they send the card and the system did not tell that the card has been returned and the card might be lost. She suggested me to file for replacement card and pay the fee.
She does not even know that system has not been updated. Her system only tell that the welcome notice has been mailed few months ago. Obviously, she does not know how to check the detail of this case.
I would wait for a couple weeks and I will file a replacement card online and let's see what happens. The risk is they would deny the application and I would lose my money because they would find out that the system would not allow it until the I485 original case was completed. Thanks.

card in production

We made infopass 2 times, nothing happened.
We sent several I90, no responds.
Yesterday, we tried to call customer service again.
The call was transferred to california service center.
We are lucky to talk to a very helpful customer service.
She explained that the biometric result was not uploaded to system.
Once is uploaded, the card will be produced.
This is what they call "updating".
None of them explained to us about this.
She said she just need to email the officer who can retrieve the biometric result. Today, the status was changed to "card in production".
Hopefully, we received it soon.

As you can see from my signature.

They claim they received my incorrect GC in Jan. 24th, even though my certified mail receipt was sign by them in Nov. last year. The IO lady told me during my first infopass to wait at least three months before file complain. Now, after three month, I still haven't receive anything from them. The IO lady couldn't stamp my passport, because I don't have plan to travel. I was told I will not have any case number since I file i-90 option (d) and my case will most likely take even longer compare to those who paid money (option "d" did not pay fee).

hi i have the same problem i resived my green card after 4 years of waiting
and the gender was wrong and i send it back the same day i recived it its been one month and no receipt no thing i hope dost take that long i sendet back with option D i wasnt sure if i pay it will make a different soo did eny body know if i file a nother I-90 with paymeny thay will expted i alreday send one with my green card i dont knew if they going to accept the new one and process it in shorter time .if eny body have eny idea please please let me know

Has anyone wrote letter to senator about this issue?
If so what is the outcome of it?

thanks
AV

hi i have the same problem i resived my green card after 4 years of waiting
and the gender was wrong and i send it back the same day i recived it its been one month and no receipt no thing i hope dost take that long i sendet back with option D i wasnt sure if i pay it will make a different soo did eny body know if i file a nother I-90 with paymeny thay will expted i alreday send one with my green card i dont knew if they going to accept the new one and process it in shorter time .if eny body have eny idea please please let me know

You don't have to pay if the mistake is theirs. I received my card with the wrong name spelling and I am about to go mail it . I scanned it just to have a copy on me.