Still No Interview Date for N-400 One Year After Biometrics

slim87

Hi guys,

I had my biometrics done last year June 10 2015 and up until now June 25 2016, I still don't have an interview date set.

Is this normal?

I've called the 1-800 numerous times but they haven't been any help at all. I've made at least 10 infopass appointments and they all tell me the same thing- to wait.

I received my interview letter on March 15th with the interview date set for April 18th. However, on April 15th 2016, an officer from my local office (Las Vegas) called me and told me not to come in for the interview on Monday April 18th because my file hadn't yet arrived from Headquarters. He told me to wait 2 weeks and they should have received the file and we can set up a new appointment date.

I called numerous times after the 2 week period ended but couldn't get through to anyone.

Finally, I made an infopass appointment to go in and follow up in person.

By now, I've had 3 infopass appointments and they have all told me that my file is showing that it's in transit to the local office. It's been showing them this status since April 2016.

I'm frustrated as I checked and everyone before and after my receipt number sequence has already been naturalized.

Is there anything I can do because I've been sitting in limbo for over a year now which doesn't make any sense.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Hi guys,

I had my biometrics done last year June 10 2015 and up until now June 25 2016, I still don't have an interview date set.

Is this normal?

I've called the 1-800 numerous times but they haven't been any help at all. I've made at least 10 infopass appointments and they all tell me the same thing- to wait.

I received my interview letter on March 15th with the interview date set for April 18th. However, on April 15th 2016, an officer from my local office (Las Vegas) called me and told me not to come in for the interview on Monday April 18th because my file hadn't yet arrived from Headquarters. He told me to wait 2 weeks and they should have received the file and we can set up a new appointment date.

I called numerous times after the 2 week period ended but couldn't get through to anyone.

Finally, I made an infopass appointment to go in and follow up in person.

By now, I've had 3 infopass appointments and they have all told me that my file is showing that it's in transit to the local office. It's been showing them this status since April 2016.

I'm frustrated as I checked and everyone before and after my receipt number sequence has already been naturalized.

Is there anything I can do because I've been sitting in limbo for over a year now which doesn't make any sense.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Go to your alderman's office. They have a certain time frame to process N400 applications from start to finish, and you can sue them if they fall out of this time frame. I suggest posting a question on the Avvo website, where a immigration attorney can answer your question and give you an advice as to what to do.