Still have not received Final Approval (Asylum) Decision

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
I received a Recommended Asylum decision in March of 2005. I still have yet to receive my Final Approval. I have repeatedly tried to get the status of my Application and I have received an answer from the Newark Asylum Office stating that my Background Check has not yet been received from the FBI. What can I do? This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
ASSYLEE said:
I received a Recommended Asylum decision in March of 2004. I still have yet to receive my Final Approval. I have repeatedly tried to get the status of my Application and I have received an answer from the Newark Asylum Office stating that my Background Check has not yet been received from the FBI. What can I do? This is getting ridiculous.

Pretty much sit and wait, unfortunately. You can try and request help from your local congressperson and see if there is anything he/she can do.

vdostoi1 said:
Pretty much sit and wait, unfortunately. You can try and request help from your local congressperson and see if there is anything he/she can do.

How do we do that ? is there a website I can go to ?

Im in the same situation got my reco approval on march 2006 and waiting for the final approval makes me (and my GF) worried by the day.