Steps to manage Address Change

Mingjing

Registered Users (C)
I moved couple of months ago. And my 140/485/AP/EAD are all pending. Like to ask if there are additional steps I could to other thanthe following to ensure no documents get lost. THANKS for your help!

1. I called the 800 number at the back of 140/485 reciepts to inform address change. And they said BCIS will update address associated with my A number, not each of my open cases (is this your understanding as well?).

2. My lawyer also contacted BCIS via email to inform address change. Lawyer claims email (or emails) was sent to cover both me and my wife's cases.

3. I asked post office to forward mails. Post office can only do this for one year though, right? (will end by June 2005).

Also, are there ways I can verify BCIS has got my new address?

THANKS!
Mingjing

File AR11 immediately if not done before.

Mingjing said:
I moved couple of months ago. And my 140/485/AP/EAD are all pending. Like to ask if there are additional steps I could to other thanthe following to ensure no documents get lost. THANKS for your help!

1. I called the 800 number at the back of 140/485 reciepts to inform address change. And they said BCIS will update address associated with my A number, not each of my open cases (is this your understanding as well?).

2. My lawyer also contacted BCIS via email to inform address change. Lawyer claims email (or emails) was sent to cover both me and my wife's cases.

3. I asked post office to forward mails. Post office can only do this for one year though, right? (will end by June 2005).

Also, are there ways I can verify BCIS has got my new address?

THANKS!
Mingjing

To askgc's reminder

Oh, yes, I did AR-11, each for myself and my wife.

By the way, my I-140 online status says it was approved and approval notice mailed out Sept. 22nd 04. So good thing to test the address change. Will post my case details at the other thread on 2003 I-140 tracker. Thanks, Mingjing