Steps for H4??

pb74

Registered Users (C)
Can someone please tell me what all the steps need to be taken to get H4 for my spouse when I get married during my India trip?

1. Especially I am not sure whose name should be stapmed in another's passport!! Do I need to stamp mine in hers or hers in my passport? Or both?

2. Can we take appointment at consulate for H4 visa even before getting married or do we need marriage certificate to get appointment?

3. How long does it take to get appointment & can we use frop-off for H4?

1. If you are going to apply at mumbai consulate, U better plan for the additional last name change. If you are not going to change the last name, you(your fiance and you) should be prepared to give a spirited defense supporting the decision.
I hope that this answers your question whose name should be stamped in another's passport (U mean, the H1 holder , if is a "she", should show evidence about change of name? Interesting question!! If this is the case you are the perfect candidate to poke the last name balloon at mumbai consulate!!)

2. U can get the appt before the actual marriage (as long as the actual appt. date is after the marriage). Just make sure that the marriage certificate will be available by that appt. day.

3. Try ttsvisas.com (links to other consulate appt. system is also in this site). Yes Drop off is the minimum hassle route if you have all the documents...

Question on name change

hi Jaxen

I'm interested in your answer to the first question:

Even I'm preparing to get H4 for my wife in Mumbai. But,
it's a revalidation. Do you think they have this name
change req. for revalidation also ? And, is this hassle
only in Mumbai consulate ? And, is endorsement acceptable
in lieu of name-change ?

I appreciate any answer to this, thanks
deepbob

Originally posted by jaxen
1. If you are going to apply at mumbai consulate, U better plan for the additional last name change. If you are not going to change the last name, you(your fiance and you) should be prepared to give a spirited defense supporting the decision.
I hope that this answers your question whose name should be stamped in another's passport (U mean, the H1 holder , if is a "she", should show evidence about change of name? Interesting question!! If this is the case you are the perfect candidate to poke the last name balloon at mumbai consulate!!)

Mumbai H4

Two questions for Mumbai consulate H4

Do we have to provide documents such as wedding photos, marriage certificate at the time of applying for Appointment or is it ok to take it when we go for the actual interview.

Does H4 qualified for drop box in Mumbai consulate?

and please share any valuable experience regarding this

Thanks

Raj