STEM OPT Extension Denied, SEVIS Status 'COMPLETE'

whitetiger

Any proper advice would be helpful

Employment history during 12 month OPT - First employer A & second employer B (e-verified)
WHile I was employed at B job, I applied for STEM Extension. During STEM was processed I got an offer from C and decided to switch jobs. DSO advised me to file an amended I 765 with new employer C's details like e-verify number, employer name etc. Amended I 765 was received by USCIS and they sent me RFE in return. RFE wanted 'proof that proposed employment is related to field of study'. RFE also had a note that proper proofs should be provided right from the time of the application. Now, since I was an employer of B when I first applied for STEM extension, I sent both the document proofs for employer B & employer C. In return, USCIS denied my application saying that I have accrued more than 90 days of unemployment since I was not employed before job B!.. I never included employer A details in the RFE documents since employer A was out of question and I was only asked proofs from 'proposed employer C' but still I sent them proofs of employers B & C. The adjudicator from USCIS has assumed that I had no employers before B & C and hence denied my STEM on the grounds of more than 90 days of unemployment!
Spoke with my DSO - he contacted USCIS liaison who replied that I should file motion to reopen. I am planning to do so soon within the 30 days from the date of denial. I have a PhD admit which I was planning to join in Fall 11 but now it is complicated since I will have to get this sorted out.. Whats the best way out of this situation?
1) file motion to reopen and wait for the results, while deferring PhD admit ?
2) Leave US come back on new F1 & join PhD in Fall 11
3) Anything else an expert suggests?

Thanks for being kind to read thru

What is the application process for the 17-month STEM extension?

- The student files Form I-765 with USCIS, Form I-20 endorsed by the DSO, a copy of the STEM degree, and the required application fee.
- Form I-765 is being amended to require the student to indicate the degree and provide the employer’s E-Verify information.
- If their post-completion OPT expires while the 17-month extension application is pending, students who timely filed their STEM extension applications with USCIS will receive an extension of employment authorization after their current employment authorization expires, but for no more than 180 days.

STEM OPT RFE and finally DENIED

Hello guys ! I need some help.. I had applied for my STEM extension and received an RFE a month ago asking for proof to show that I had not accumulated more than 90 days of unemployment during my 12 month OPT period. This RFE was requested because my school or DSO did not have my employment recorded for the first 8 months of the 12 month period and only has my current Everified employer till present. So I sent them the proof as requested showing evidence of my employment for the first 8 months (voluntary work that I did).. BUT IT got DENIED!! my first opt EAD OPT card expired on 4 jan 2013. I am waiting on the letter for the denial details. Can you guys tell me my options currently?

I think back then many of the voluntary jobs had been denied. They later reversed that decision

STEM OPT RFE and finally DENIED

Hello guys ! I need some help.. I had applied for my STEM extension and received an RFE a month ago asking for proof to show that I had not accumulated more than 90 days of unemployment during my 12 month OPT period. This RFE was requested because my school or DSO did not have my employment recorded for the first 8 months of the 12 month period and only has my current Everified employer till present. So I sent them the proof as requested showing evidence of my employment for the first 8 months (voluntary work that I did).. BUT IT got DENIED!! my first opt EAD OPT card expired on 4 jan 2013. I am waiting on the letter for the denial details. Can you guys tell me my options currently?
they reversed the decision that stated voluntary employment is not counted hopefully you were able to solve it