Status Inquiry

GCLOVER007

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
We have called USCIS last week to ask about the status on I485.

Got an email this afternoon with below information

The status of this service request is:

Your application is pending the availability of 3rd preference employment based Visas. Currently there are none available. You are invited to visit the
Department of State website where you may keep abreast of any developments regarding this classification of Visas.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service
Center at 1-800-375-5283.

--- Means My FBI Name check has been cleared?

ND 12.22.2004
GCLover007

GCLOVER007 said:
Guys,
We have called USCIS last week to ask about the status on I485.

Got an email this afternoon with below information

The status of this service request is:

Your application is pending the availability of 3rd preference employment based Visas. Currently there are none available. You are invited to visit the
Department of State website where you may keep abreast of any developments regarding this classification of Visas.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service
Center at 1-800-375-5283.

--- Means My FBI Name check has been cleared?

ND 12.22.2004
GCLover007
I don't think it means anything about namecheck completion ....

For every request, they open their can of excuses and pick the first one to shut you up ....
Unfortunately, with the massive retrogression, the easiest excuse to pick is the one they gave you :(
Beyond that, I doubt if it means anything at all.

GCLOVER007 said:
Your application is pending the availability of 3rd preference employment based Visas.
I think you shouldn't read between lines. :( It means only that they are waiting for visas. And when great day comes and visas are available they will find another reason to delay our cases.

agreed

:rolleyes:
max2k1 said:
I don't think it means anything about namecheck completion ....

For every request, they open their can of excuses and pick the first one to shut you up ....
Unfortunately, with the massive retrogression, the easiest excuse to pick is the one they gave you :(
Beyond that, I doubt if it means anything at all.

My PD is July, 2000, and ND for my I-485 is Aug. 2004. Both dates passed the corresponding processing date. I did not hear anything about my case and I initiated an inquery (by phone) one and half month ago, no response. Why your response is so fast?

What should I do?

yvesliu,

why dont you call your senator or congressman. If they initiate an enquiry on your behalf, USCIS will respond faster.

Inquiry

yvesliu said:
My PD is July, 2000, and ND for my I-485 is Aug. 2004. Both dates passed the corresponding processing date. I did not hear anything about my case and I initiated an inquery (by phone) one and half month ago, no response. Why your response is so fast?

What should I do?

I am not sure which number you called.. Here is the Number and sequence we tried.

Number : 1-800-375-5283, Options : 1,2,6,1,Enter LIN...,3,3,1
After waiting for about 5 minutes we are able to talk to customer service guy. He was kind enough to take all my information to process the status check. HIH

GCLover007

I Called the USCIS, The lady said that she cannot update anything, I tried to change the Address , she was unable to does anybody has the number and sequence to change the address over the phone. Help will be apperciated.
thanks

yvesliu,

I agree with waitingnwaiting. You can call your senator and you will receive a much faster response. In my case that was te only response I got. When I opened a status inquiry NSC did not respond for 21 days. When I contacted my senator I got response within a week!!! They even told me my name check was cleared and it was only because EB3 visa numbers were not available!!:(

EB3-India
PD 12/2001
I-485/I-140 RD 03/2003
I-140 AD 07/2003
FP1 05/2003
FP2 05/2005
RFE 07/2005
485 AD??????Maybe 3003:(!!

That is really strange. I did call the same number and talked to the customer service person. About 2 weeks ago, I contacted the congress man office, and fax all my information to the case worker. About one week ago, i contacted the same person, and he said he forwarded my case information to the local INS office. He is still waiting for the reply. The only thing I can do is wait. Today, I called the same INS number again, and the lady I talked to said this is really strange. She took all my information again and said she would forward them to the local office as well, and I should hear from them soon. if not, in 30 days, I should call INS number again.

What is going on?

renusun said:
yvesliu,

I agree with waitingnwaiting. You can call your senator and you will receive a much faster response. In my case that was te only response I got. When I opened a status inquiry NSC did not respond for 21 days. When I contacted my senator I got response within a week!!! They even told me my name check was cleared and it was only because EB3 visa numbers were not available!!:(

EB3-India
PD 12/2001
I-485/I-140 RD 03/2003
I-140 AD 07/2003
FP1 05/2003
FP2 05/2005
RFE 07/2005
485 AD??????Maybe 3003:(!!

Don't bug INS too much ....

I have seen on this forum itself that for some people (who chose to fire an inquiry after another ... by self, senetor etc.) the cases were sent to special board and wait was elongated. So hold on guys do not initiate any inquiry with 60 days of the first one.

This is pure and simple my opinion, you can chose to differ.

Thanks

thukralrk said:

I have seen on this forum itself that for some people (who chose to fire an inquiry after another ... by self, senetor etc.) the cases were sent to special board and wait was elongated. So hold on guys do not initiate any inquiry with 60 days of the first one.

Thanks
how come inquriy can cause caes be moved to special board?
what is the special board anyway?

thukralrk said:

Thanks

i guess there is no such problem once you are way past the processing dates and also current! you can go ahead with enquiry USCIS is very efficient in responding Email enquiries!! i know as many as ten people who got response in a week!!!!!