Status Inquiry response - what does this mean?

Mette

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!
I've made a status inquiry on my case about a month ago - almost lost hope to hear from them. Called Vermont a week ago and a nice lady there told me that my namecheck is ready and my case is on the adjudicator's table and I should hear from them in 3 to 4 weeks.
Then my LUD changed twice - on 01/11 and on 01/12. Today I've got the following response to my status inquiry dated 01/12 (hence the LUD changes?):

"Our records show that each pending I-485 case you inquired is currently under review. You should receive a notice of other action within 60-90 dates of the date of this letter."

Guys, what does this all mean??? See my info below.

Mette

EB-3, PD: 01/11/01 (other countries, PD current)
I-140 Approved July 2003
RD I-485: 04/01/2003
FP: 01/13/2005

I believe this is good news for you. Most likely you will hear something in 2 weeks. Please let us know once your application gets approved.

EA

Mette said:
Hello all!
I've made a status inquiry on my case about a month ago - almost lost hope to hear from them. Called Vermont a week ago and a nice lady there told me that my namecheck is ready and my case is on the adjudicator's table and I should hear from them in 3 to 4 weeks.
Then my LUD changed twice - on 01/11 and on 01/12. Today I've got the following response to my status inquiry dated 01/12 (hence the LUD changes?):

"Our records show that each pending I-485 case you inquired is currently under review. You should receive a notice of other action within 60-90 dates of the date of this letter."

Guys, what does this all mean??? See my info below.

Mette

EB-3, PD: 01/11/01 (other countries, PD current)
I-140 Approved July 2003
RD I-485: 04/01/2003
FP: 01/13/2005

EAin2005, I hope you're right! I'm so sick and tired of this waiting. It's been almost three years since my I-485 RD.

I was just wondering if anybody else had this response before.

Mette,
It is probably good news. You may get the I485 approved and get your status inquiry results a month later. That's just the way USCIS operates :).
How do you do a formal Status Inquiry anyway? I called them and the rep didn't know what a priority date was. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me.

I've just called their Service Center and said that my case has been outside processing dates for a very long time, that I haven't heard from them since March, and that my PD is current, so I would like to make an inquiry on my case. They asked for my receipt number, A number, name and address. That's it!