• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Status change/DV2005

munni29

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks:

Nice group. I am a single and won DV 2005 lottery and will face interview within couple of months, rank is around 1000 in asia. Now if I marry before the interview, will it disqualify me? If not what is the time limit that after that I cant marry to claim as follow to join rule?

Thanks

dv winner

No u won't be disqualified.In the otherhand you can bring your spouse right away.My brother-in-law got married one week before the interview and his spouse got Immigrant visa together with him.All you have to do is put name of spouse in the document you bring for interview along with the marriage certificate.That's all. The spose's visa is marked as DV-2 as oppose to Dv-1 given for principal applicant.In any way bot got their green card within 2 weeks of their arrival here in USA.

To Waltham/ Thanks and another question

Dear Waltham:

Thank you for your info. Now the person I would like to marry is in USA under student visa and status okay and legal. She is also from the country I am from. So if I marry her in USA, is it possible to adjust her status in USA or she has to go back to my country?
Could you please give me your phone number if you are in USA. I am in USA right now.
I really appreciate for your time.
Thanks again.
munni

Munni,

Absolutely! If your spouse(girlfriend) is here in USA legally as you said.You will have no problem at all to do AOS(adjustment of status).
I don't need to give you my telephone number.I think I know who you are ..you know me..now guess who I am ? Is your first name Sam- --?

To Waltham

Hi:

Actually no I am not sam. You absolutely dont know me. Trust me I just want to talk to you over phone. You can send me phone to my email at munni29@yahoo.com.

munni