stamping problem...

whokim

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was immigration office at SF for passport stamping. My 485 has been approved Nov/22/04. The officer said he can't give stamp now because he can't find my A# in database. And He said he will contact me after extensible search. :confused:

Now he has all my doc(include 485 approval) and I'm just waiting his call with just passport. I'm just starting to worry. Does anybody have same experience like this?

===================
EB3
RD 08/2003
FP 04/2004
AP 11/2004
PP ???

Did he give a receipt for the docs he took from u? If you went through a lawyer might want to ask if this in normal :confused:

Please old timers anyone had this experience??

Hope you kept copies?!

a good lesson for all of us - we should keep a copy of all the docs we take there. If this kind of stuff happens, it makes sense to leave only photocopies with them and not the originals unless they insist on them.

candyroy said:
Did he give a receipt for the docs he took from u? If you went through a lawyer might want to ask if this in normal :confused:

Please old timers anyone had this experience??

thank you for the reply..
no receipt. I just gave my mail address and couple of phone numbers to officer. and I discussed with my lawyer but we have no option other than just wait for call.

I remember the officer told me that this happens 1 or 2 cases per day. so I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
thanks

Did you note down the officer name? do you remember your token number when you went for stamping? These two confirms that you were present at INS for stamping. I am sure you have the courtesy copy with you.

I would go with my attorney to the INS during my next visit (if you dont get the call back in 1 to 2 days) and get some reciept for the documents or check whats going on? "Just we have to wait" is not the solution.